Field Service Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Field Service Technician|
|Location||Pittsburgh, PA, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is looking for a Field Service Technician who will be responsible for installing and servicing on-site gas generation plants and bulk medical or industrial gas systems in a safe and operationally effective manner, in accordance with all federal, state/provincial, and local codes, and Airgas policies.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience in industrial field service for HVAC, refrigeration, pressured piping, cryogenics, gas equipment, or industrial compressors
- HVAC or refrigeration certification or ASSE Medical Gas Credentials are a plus.
- Able to respond to emergencies 24 hours per day. Arrangements for emergency coverage are made when a technician is unavailable for personal reasons or paid time off.
- Adheres to and ensures that safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Analyze and make general repairs to electrical systems associated with N2 generation and cryogenic installations, including motor controls and relays, low pressure, high pressure, and liquid level alarm systems.
- Assures security fencing is provided to protect installations from tampering or unauthorized entry.
- Installs and maintains gas on-site generation equipment.
- Installs bulk installations both at Airgas facilities and customer sites.
- Installs decals and warning signs for the proper identification of hazards, warnings, ownership, normal operational settings, emergency contacts, etc.
- Maintains an appropriate stock of recommended parts necessary to repair typical installations within the assigned customer base.
- Performs annual inspections of all bulk installation sites to assure their condition and correct operation.
- Performs installation of piping systems in accordance with company SOPs.
- Performs periodic preventative maintenance tasks on N2 generation equipment based on the PM schedule.
- Performs Site Surveys to assure compliance with all federal, state/provincial, and local codes.
- Repairs pressure reduction equipment associated with bulk delivery systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- The ability to perform regulator repairs, repair piping/liquid leaks, etc. is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, material safety data sheets, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read blueprints and design specifications, manufacturer drawings, architectural drawings related to customer site installations.
- Ability to set goals and manage time to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and achievement of goals are accomplished and manage and execute multiple tasks or priorities as necessary
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Basic working knowledge of Google and/or Microsoft Office Applications
- Considerable independent judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations; demonstrating tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers, and handling proprietary information.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
- Frequent local travel within 2 hours of home (90%).
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime (days, evenings, and weekends, if necessary).
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation. A service truck will be provided after the initial training phase.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Certified Brazer Certificate, within 30 days of employment.
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude, and perform as a team player.
- Occasional overnight travel.
- Working knowledge of brazing or welding processes is highly preferred.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.