Field Service Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Field Service Technician|
|Location||Albany, NY, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is looking for a Field Service Technician who will be responsible for installing and servicing on-site nitrogen generation plants and bulk medical or industrial gas systems in a safe and operationally effective manner, in accordance with all federal, state/provincial, and local codes, and Airgas policies.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Technical Degree or Associate’s Degree is a plus.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of industrial field service experience, preferably in refrigeration, commercial HVAC, gas generation systems.
- Experience with bulk and medical gas and cryogenic systems and equipment is a plus.
- HVAC or refrigeration certification or American Society Safety Engineers (ASSE) Medical Gas Credentials are a plus.
- Prior electrical, welding, brazing experience is a plus.
- Adheres to and ensures that safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Analyzes and makes general repairs to electrical systems associated with N2 generation and cryogenic installations, including motor controls and relays, low pressure, high pressure, and liquid level alarm systems.
- Assures security fencing is provided to protect installations from tampering or unauthorized entry.
- Install and maintain cryobiology freezers at customers
- Installs and maintains nitrogen on-site generation equipment.
- Installs cryogenic bulk installations both at Airgas facilities and customer sites.
- Installs decals and warning signs for the proper identification of hazards, warnings, ownership, normal operational settings, emergency contacts, etc.
- Maintains an appropriate stock of recommended parts necessary to repair typical installations within the assigned customer base.
- Performs annual inspections of all bulk installation sites to assure their condition and correct operation.
- Performs installation of piping systems in accordance with company SOPs.
- Performs periodic preventative maintenance tasks on N2 generation equipment based on the PM schedule.
- Performs Site Surveys to assure compliance with all federal, state/provincial, and local codes.
- Process quarterly preventative maintenance inspections in a timely manner
- Repairs pressure reduction equipment associated with bulk delivery systems.
- Work closely with cryobiology freezer customers on quarterly equipment maintenance
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Able to perform regulator repairs, repair piping/liquid leaks, is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, material safety data sheets, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read blueprints and design specifications, manufacturer drawings, architectural drawings related to bulk delivery sites associated with customer installations.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.