Website Core & Main
Fusion Tech II Job Highlights
|Title||Fusion Tech II|
|Location||Indianapolis, IN, United States|
|Company||Core & Main|
Core & Main is a U.S. distributor of water, sewer, and fire protection products. It also provides contractors and municipalities with innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure.
The company is searching for a Fusion Technician II who will operate equipment that fuses piping.
This position requires the operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently for more than 20% of the average workweek.
- Applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED (preferred)
- Possess 2 to 5 years of experience in the area of responsibility
- Specialized skills training/certification may be required
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass the pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
- Experience in electro fuse and structure welding
- Communicates with customers to assess needs.
- Determines appropriate method and equipment necessary to install pipe.
- Determines if the final product meets quality control standards.
- Electro fuses and structure welds. Inspects and maintains fusion EQ.
- Identifies installation and repair needs.
- Provides and installs custom HDPE piping systems and repair systems.
- Responsible for 24-hour on-call repair emergencies.
- Transports equipment to a job site. Operates field equipment and forklift.
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
- Work typically involves a regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Core & Main is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The employer does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coreandmain.com.