Website The Greenbrier Companies
Group Leader Job Highlights
|Location||Kennett, MO, United States|
|Company||The Greenbrier Companies|
The Greenbrier Companies is a leading designer, manufacturer, and supplier of freight rail and marine transportation equipment and services.
The company is looking to hire a Group Leader who will hold safety, quality, customer service, and respect for people in the highest regard while supporting the area team in identifying defects and guiding employees in the proper repair of defects in fabrication, welding, coating, and assembly at the direction of the Operations Superintendent.
Responsible for maintaining quality standards for the area by providing SOP training and auditing processes to ensure adherence to SOP.
Assists in clarifying weld, coating, fabrication, and assembly requirements, and coordinates activities of employees between workgroups with the support of the Operations Superintendent.
This position is responsible for the proper execution of the process to ensure the quality of the product.
- The applicants should have completed a High School Education or Equivalent (preferred)
- The candidates should have at least 3 years of related experience with a proven quality record, including knowledge of shop production methods and processes quality standards according to SOPs, and product and material specifications.
- Requires pre-requisite Greenbrier welding, coatings, and/or leadership training certifications.
- Assists in clarifying/interpreting work requirements for welding, fabricating, prepping, painting, and assembling.
- Continuously hold Safety, Quality, Customer Service, and Respect for People in the highest regard while supporting fellow team members.
- Ensures new employees (new to the company or rehires) are given SOP and JSA training on the first day assigned to an area and works with team members continually throughout their assignment in the area.
- Ensures that safety and housekeeping standards are met and maintained.
- Investigates quality issues and communicates those issues with the team and area Operations Superintendent to correct issues at the source.
- Recommends changes to Operations Superintendent and/or Operations Manager to improve methods, procedures, and equipment to complement production.
- Responsible for auditing team’s regular review of SOPs and JSAs in the area in addition to conducting training on these documents once a revision is made.
- Responsible for auditing work performed in the area to ensure product moves to next area free of defects.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Operations Superintendent
- Ability to coordinate activities of employees between workgroups with the support of the Operations Superintendent.
- Ability to ensure Quality Assurance of work being performed meets published specifications prior to final inspection.
- Ability to interpret schedule and relay information to the production team in their daily work of welding, fabricating, assembling railcar parts, and prepping and coating railcars.
- Ability to successfully train a team in work procedures, safety awareness, and quality standards for the area.
- Possesses knowledge of work in the area assigned and is expected to assist production when not performing other duties described below.
- 401k Plan
- Discounts and Savings
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health and Wellness Resources
- Income Protection
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance Program
The Greenbrier Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled.
To apply for this job please visit careers.gbrx.com.