Website International Paper
Maintenance Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Oklahoma City, OK, United States|
International Paper is a leading global producer of renewable fiber-based packaging and pulp products with manufacturing operations. The company produces corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods and enable worldwide commerce, and pulp for diapers, tissue, and other personal hygiene products that promote health and wellness.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Mechanic who will perform a multitude of functions in a flexible, fast-paced environment and is able to multi-task and prioritize time and work.
The mechanic will be required to diagnose, repair, replace and install plant electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems for all plant operating equipment
- The Employer did not mention any education level, yet may be required a High School Diploma
- The candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of journeyman level mechanical and electrical experience (preferred)
- Maintain machinery, troubleshooting, repairing, upgrading, and installations within a high volume, continuous -run working environment.
- Perform predictive and preventative maintenance within the facility; read and understand mechanical prints, electrical wiring diagrams, pneumatic diagrams, hydraulic diagrams; troubleshoot, repair, and install mechanical components.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical controls and components ac/dc up to 480V, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
- Fabrication of equipment (welding arc and gas); install conduit; observe mechanical devices in operation and listen to their sounds to locate causes of trouble; dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts; inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements; repair or replace defective parts.
- Set up and operate a drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiate purchase requests for needed parts.
- Must be willing and able to work all shifts depending on company business needs. Must have your own set of tools.
- Qualified candidates must have in-depth knowledge and practical application experience in electrical, electronics, PLCs, cutting/welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, steam and boiler systems, and conveyor systems.
- Requires the ability to work in a team environment as well as the ability to work additional and flexible hours including weekends as needed.
- The company offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life/accident insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement plans.
International Paper Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.internationalpaper.com.