Heavy Equipment Mechanic Job Highlights
|Title||Heavy Equipment Mechanic|
|Location||Miami, FL, United States|
CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high-quality products and reliable service to customers and communities around the world.
The company is searching for an Equipment Mechanic who will perform all types of mechanical jobs throughout the assigned area, during regular operation schedules and maintenance.
Jobs include actual equipment and machinery and/or new pieces of equipment and structures needed for the normal operation.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have prior experience with the similar or same equipment or machinery
- Bi-lingual is a plus
- Adhere to all CEMEX, OSHA, and MSHA rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Assist maintenance personnel during repairs
- Coordinate and oversee the work of other maintenance and plant personnel
- Detect equipment irregularities, upon visual inspections
- Inspects equipment reported malfunctions and carries out required repairs as needed
- Lead one or more repairman equipment during maintenance jobs and/or repairs
- Maintain good housekeeping in the plant and work areas
- Maintain necessary maintenance records
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance to mechanic tools and equipment
- Prevent damage to machinery, equipment, tools, and material
- Properly use various technical tools and equipment for maintenance
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- Ability to carry out not only simple but complex oral and written instructions and deal with problems from standardized situations and work experience
- Ability to communicate well with supervisors, mechanics, leadmen, welders, maintenance personnel-and co-workers, and outside contractors
- Ability to comprehend additional training in relation to the performing of the work duties
- Ability to develop other technical and management skills for future promotion
- Ability to read and understand English sufficiently to be able to read technical information contained in manuals, reports, and welding work-related instruction, including safety issues and matters
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge to detect potential safety hazards, breakdown of machinery and equipment
- Good mathematical skills, including basic math, fractions, conversions of four-five digit numbers, common units of measurement in both metric and the decimal system
- High level of attentiveness and physical coordination to perform the work activities safely and productively
- Must have the ability to operate standard maintenance machines, equipment, and powered mechanic tools
- To cut, and mount fabricated components needed to repair equipment
- Heavy Work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and up to 50 pounds of force frequently, or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, turning, climbing to a significant degree, and/or pulling of controls
- Must pass DOT physical to include back x-ray, hearing test, and drug/alcohol screen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate with employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
The company offers competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental, vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance programs, and retirement plan options.
CEMEX is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cemex.com.