Website L3Harris Technologies
Inspection B Job Highlights
|Title||Inspection B (Inspector B)|
|Location||Cincinnati, OH, United States|
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea, and cyber domains.
The company is seeking an Inspection B (Inspector B) who will assume the responsibility of using predetermined methods, operations, setups, and prescribed specifications to inspect visually in-process and completed products such as electronic units and subsystems, precision electromechanical assemblies or mechanical units, subassemblies, structural flaws, internal defects, and missing welds.
Uses various measuring devices.
Accepts, rejects, or reworks defective or malfunctioning units or systems.
Works from blueprints, diagrams, dial indicators, preset micrometers, scales, fixtures, customer specifications, drawing or inspection instructions, and checklists.
May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical processes or other control procedures.
Performs line clearances after each lot to ensure all materials from the previous lot have been removed.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience
- 2-year Post-Secondary/Associates Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience
- Possess a combination of education and experience
- Blueprint reading and interpretation
- Clearance if desired, work extended hours per program request.
- Ensure accurate inspection of sub-assemblies (including piece parts) and top-level assemblies.
- Ensure that in-process and finished products are in compliance with company standards.
- Fuze loading inspection
- Interact cross-functionally to meet department deadlines.
- Interpret AQL Plan
- Review and maintain support documentation, accurately comparing and verifying information across multiple documents.
- Solder review.
- Use inspection tools such as a micrometer, height indicator, calipers, scale, comparator, etc.
- 100% attribute gauging.
- 100% non-solder repetitive attributes inspections.
- Experience with or ability to complete training courses for the position (held on-site at this facility) J-STD-001, Radiation, Explosive, and X-Ray, and on-the-job training by peers
- Medical with High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctor’s service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and your parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance – $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day – wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and your parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees
L3Harris Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit careers.l3harris.com.