Website L3Harris Technologies
Manufacturing Engineer Specialist Job Highlights
|Title||Manufacturing Engineer Specialist|
|Location||Clifton, NJ, United States|
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea, and cyber domains.
The company is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer Specialist who will support the production of microcircuit assemblies (MCA) for high-reliability electronic warfare applications in a low to medium-volume, high-mix product environment.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (college/university) with 4 years of professional relevant experience
- Master’s Degree (a plus)
- Possess prior experience with electronics or electro-mechanical manufacturing
- Support new product development by working with Design Engineering, Test Engineering, Quality, etc. as needed, participate in concept, peer, and design reviews, and manufacture engineering prototypes to ensure designs are manufacturable and robust.
- Support new product introduction including process development and validation, assembly sequence, manufacturing documentation, tooling design and development using Pro/E and 3D printing, operator training, sustainment, and continuous improvement.
- Participate in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement activities including identifying, initiating, and leading lean improvement projects to improve efficiency, quality, or safety and reduce cycle time and cost, create value stream maps, and utilize lean tools and concepts to help transform the manufacturing environment and culture.
- Support bid and proposal activities as needed, develop time estimates for assembly and test steps, develop estimates for manufacturing engineering NRE and support, author manufacturing and producibility plans to support proposals and customer reviews, develop comprehensive and supportable Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for new proposals and customer analysis.
- Provide support to assembly operators on technical issues as they arise, provide training to operators on new products or processes as needed, and create, update, and maintain manufacturing documentation as needed.
- Research, recommend, and support the purchase of new manufacturing equipment, support installation, start-up, validation, and maintenance of new equipment, program, troubleshoot, maintain, and support manufacturing equipment as needed, and participate in the capital acquisition process as needed.
- Support AS9100, DCMA, and internal quality audits, Investigate and initiate corrective actions for problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality
- Experience in programming Automatic equipment used to epoxy dispense, pick & place, and wire bond.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present ideas and data to a group.
- Technical knowledge of electronics and MCA fabrication, MIL-STD-883, PERF-38534 (a plus)
- Must be a US citizen who is able to obtain and maintain a US Secret security clearance
- Experience in productivity improvements, including cost, cycle time, and inventory reductions.
- Laser welding equipment programming.
- Technical writing ability.
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD, Pro/E, and Creo.
- Medical with High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctor’s service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and your parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance – $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day – wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and your parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees
L3Harris Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit careers.l3harris.com.