Inspector (Structural/Mechanical/Piping) Job Highlights
|Title||Inspector – Structural/Mechanical/Piping|
|Location||Corpus Christi, TX, United States|
Intertek provides total quality assurance to industries worldwide. The company delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification solutions for customers’ operations and supply chains.
The company is looking for an Inspector (Structural, Mechanical, Piping) who will be responsible for ensuring that the Project Quality Plan in conjunction with Project Execution Plan is developed and implemented.
This role will promote quality awareness throughout the organization, emphasizing excellence, continuous improvement, and corrective action to influence the overall success of the company business.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma, GED, or Higher Education
- Possess 10+ years of inspection experience on-site during construction in structural, welding, and piping
- Industry-standard certifications preferred (CWI, API, etc.)
- Communicate with management, staff, and clients the requirements of the quality scope of work
- Coordinate Non-destructive testing (NDT) on site
- Follow the client QA/QC management system
- Identify and control NCRs
- Inspection, witnessing or verification to establish the quality of a material, structure, or system
- Monitor Piping, Structural and Mechanical operations, and conduct required inspections work to resolve quality-related issues with workers, subcontractors, and the client
- Monitor project schedule and communicate with the client if the schedule is not being met
- Organization and implementation of record retention systems
- Responsible for performing all aspects of inspection activities with minimum supervision
- Review of specifications, procedures, and specified standards utilized on the construction site
- Timely completion of paperwork
- Verify that all site activities comply with the quality codes and standards
- Ability to work well with others, multi-task, and is detailed oriented
- Familiar with/able to interpret and understand (a) national codes and standards and (b) specifications, drawings, and data sheets as they are related to multi-discipline construction or pipe projects
- Familiarity with email and internet communication systems
- Fluent in English (i.e. reading, writing, speaking, and comprehension)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- 401(k) with company match
- Ability to grow with the Company
- Ability to work on both small and large projects
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance
- Day-to-day variety of work
- Increased pay for certifications
- Technical training provided to grow a career in Building/Construction industry
- Tuition reimbursement
Intertek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
To apply for this job please visit hcog.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.