Website Turner Industries
Ironworker Job Highlights
|Location||Longview, TX, United States|
Turner Industries provides a single solution in heavy industrial construction, maintenance, turnaround, pipe and module fabrication, equipment, rigging and specialized transportation, and associated specialty services.
The company is searching for an Ironworker who will raise, place, and unite girders, columns, and other structural-steel members to form completed structures frameworks, working as a member of a crew.
- Applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- NCCER Certified (preferred)
- Possess 4 years of experience in specified skill (depending on mechanic level)
- Aligns holes in member with corresponding holes in previously placed member.
- Bolts aligned members to keep them in position until they can be permanently bolted.
- Cuts steel members to make alterations.
- Fastens steel members to the cable of the hoist.
- Forces members into final position.
- Guides member or rides on a member in order to guide it into position.
- Off-loads deliveries of structural material from hg the fabricator.
- Pulls or pries steel members into approximate positions while a member is supported by a hoisting device.
- Sets up and breaks down hoisting equipment for raising and placing hjyu 1 structural-steel member.
- Signals worker operating hoisting equipment to lift and place steel members.
- Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of members.
- Written pre-employment qualification test
- Post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation
- Hazard Communication orientation/test
- Safety equipment as required by the client (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, safety harness with lanyard, etc.)
- May be required to provide the following, toolbox, tool belt, crescent wrenches, tape, spud wrenches, hammer, ball pein hammer, tri square, striker, burning goggles, tip cleaners, work gloves, framing square, level, torpedo level, center punch, channel locks, combination wrenches, bull pin, pipe wrench, hacksaw, rain suit
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
- Climbing ladders, scaffolds, structures, etc. above and below ground level.
- Maintaining balance on ladders, scaffold structures, etc.
- Reaching in all directions, handling and manipulating objects and materials.
- Coordinating the movements of eyes, hands, and fingers to operate tools and equipment.
- Lifting 30 to 50 pounds from ground level, waist level, or overhead.
- Carrying objects, tools, equipment, etc.
- Standing, sitting, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, crouching/squatting, crawling, seeing with or without correction, hearing with or without correction
Turner Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.
To apply for this job please visit turnerindustries.applicantpro.com.