Website Cajun Industries
Ironworker B Job Highlights
|Location||Baton Rouge, LA, United States|
Cajun Industries provides engineering and construction services. The company offers building construction, structural concrete, prefabrication, piping fabrication, scheduling, plant relocation, site development, and design.
Must learn and understand all safety hazards related to the work and learn to safely and effectively use or operate work-related tools and equipment.
Will be required to work in a plant operations or construction job site setting.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess work-related experience (preferred)
- Erect and connect steel at and above grade elevations
- Practice proper rigging technique
- Assist other craft workers as needed
- Use proper hand signals to flag cranes
- Ability to use math/complete calculations
- Decision-making skills are necessary
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/supervision
- Must possess the ability to use pneumatic tools, have knowledge of safe loads and wire rope basics, be familiar with basic hand signals, and have experience with sizing of chokers.
- Reading and writing comprehension are necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work or safety policy
- Safety knowledge while working at heights is essential.
- Will need to have knowledge of layout (figure formulas) and the magnetic drill.
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders, and scaffolds
- Hand/eye coordination
- May be required to work in confined spaces
- May operate hand and power tools (electric, gas, and pneumatic) of all types
- Must be able to communicate (hear, comprehend, and speak) to safely perform work
- Must be able to push/pull, lift, or carry up to 50 lbs., but may occasionally push/pull, lift, or carry up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rocks, loose/soft sand, etc.
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, crawling, kneeling, reaching overhead, squatting, pushing/pulling, or standing and lifting
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Subject to repetitive use of hands/arms, and legs
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, etc.)
- Need to be able to perform sedentary to heavy work
- Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
Cajun Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers-cajunusa.icims.com.