Joining/Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Shelby Township, MI, United States|
Jacobs delivers impactful global solutions to create a more connected, sustainable world from intelligence to infrastructure, cybersecurity to space exploration.
The company is looking for a Joining/Welding Engineer to supplement launch activities at a major EV OEM in the Midwest.
- The applicants should have a B.S. Welding Engineering or B.S Welding Technology from a college or university.
- Possess a minimum 3 years of experience as a Joining/Welding Engineer
- Junior, Mid, and Senior level roles are available
- Development and setup of welding and joining schedules and equipment
- Documentation of joining schedules
- Other engineering and troubleshooting activities in the tech center or plant as required
- Qualification of welded assemblies per buy-off and engineering specifications
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis of joining issues, inclusive of weld schedule, robot path/points, and part clamping and fit-up
Other Essential Functions
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to self or others.
- Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, and background check.
- Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management, and co-workers.
- Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
- Both office/laboratory environment and in a manufacturing facility.
- Climbing: 10%
- Crawling: 10%
- Lifting: 10%
- General office equipment, which includes telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- The company offers a generous benefits package that includes health insurance, dental, vision, generous PTO, paid holidays, 401K, stock purchase plan, and tuition reimbursement
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jacobs.com.