Website Strike Group
Journeyman Ironworker Job Highlights
|Location||Mackenzie, British Columbia, Canada|
Strike Group is a leading energy service and construction company supporting the oil and gas industry throughout the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin.
The company is searching for a Journeyman Ironworker who will assist in laying out, installing, and fabricating structural steel in live and greenfield environments.
The work assignments include cutting steel, interpreting blueprints, rigging, directing cranes, assisting welders, and setting structural steel.
- The applicants should possess a valid Journeyman Certificate of qualification issued by the appropriate provincial or federal authority
- WHIMIS, CSTS, and Standard First Aid
- Fall arrest and man lift training is considered an asset
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Previous construction experience would be considered an asset
- Experience working at heights
- Assemble and erect pre-fabricated structural supports
- Erect and install hoisting, equipment, and rigging
- Identifies, initiates, recommends, and assists in issue resolution processes
- Identify, recognize, and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the
- Performs physically demanding tasks such as lifting and moving structural steel/plates while standing for extended periods of time and securing steel in hard to reach areas
- Position steel units, align holes, and insert temporary bolts
- Read blueprints and specifications to lay out the work
- Signal crane operator to position steel units according to
- Unload and install pre-cast components
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Conduct repairs, modifications, and retrofits
- Monitor parts usage and report on any material issues
- Welding of pipe spools with an emphasis on Safety, Quality, and Production while working in accordance with client specifications and Strike’s weld procedures
- Work with a Non-destructive Testing Inspector
- Capable of working as part of a team
- Fluent in speaking and reading English
- Must be able to follow directions
- The company offers comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.