Journeyperson Laborer Job Highlights
|Location||Springboro, OH, United States|
Wood provides performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil/gas, power/process, environment and infrastructure, renewable, mining, and general industrial sectors.
The company is hiring a Journeyperson Laborer to join its team.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- No education level is mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Typically possess 3 years and above documented field experience in a chosen craft discipline
- Act as a watch when welding or metal cutting is performed by craft workers.
- Assist to build and positioning forms for pouring concrete, and dismantling forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards, while following all waste handling guidelines.
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various janitorial/housekeeping activities.
- Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
- Expedites materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work sites.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Lubricate, clean and repair machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Operate jackhammers and drills to break up concrete or pavement
- Operate, read, and maintain air monitoring and other sampling devices in confined or hazardous environments.
- Position, join, align, and seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections and pipes
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities
- Shovel cement and other materials into portable cement mixers: and mix, pour and spread concrete
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials
- Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools
- Tend to machines that pump concrete, grout, and sand
- Tend to pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment, or to heat and move materials such as asphalt
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions
- Document, plan, and perform work activities independently
Wood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-tradecraft-us-external.icims.com.