Closures in White (CiW) Lead Job Highlights
|Title||Closures in White (CiW) Lead|
|Location||Tulsa, OK, United States|
Canoo works on a mission to bring EVs to Everyone. It has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first.
The company is seeking a Closures in White (CiW) Lead who will take accountability and deliver results while being humble, hungry to succeed, and hunting for opportunities to win.
- The applicants should have completed an Engineering Degree from a university or college along with 10+ years of industry experience.
- The candidates should have 6+ years of experience designing Closures-in-White systems
- Conduct technical design reviews with cross-functional teams
- Contribute to design development including part ownership, CAD development including drawings, and part releases.
- Develop alternative engineering solutions for design themes including hinge axis, cutlines, sealing flange development and provide feedback to the design team
- Develop DFMEAs, DVP&Rs, and GD&T documentation
- Develop system specifications, standards, and guidelines
- Interact with CAE team, interpret results and lead countermeasures to meet all Regulatory, Safety, NVH, Deflection, and Fatigue requirements
- Lead a team of Design and Release Engineers to design and develop Closures-in-White systems that meet vehicle requirements (function, cost, weight, performance) including hood, side doors, and liftgate
- Manage resources and set deliverables for the team
- Support testing and launch activities including development and execution of tests to support development
- Support with supplier sourcing and management activities along with setting expectations and deliverables including issue tracking and resolution
- Work with cross-functional teams (Studio, Manufacturing, Quality & BIW) to develop efficient designs and lead the integration of interfacing components
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple objectives to meet program milestones on time
- Ability to work well in cross-functional groups under pressure to develop optimal solutions for the vehicle
- CAD Capability: Minimum 8 years Catia V5 experience (creating CIW or BIW designs or concepts), preferably from concept phase through launch
- CAE simulation experience is a plus
- Development closures systems from initial concept through launch including sliding door systems and liftgates
- Development of complex 3D CAD including Surfacing in Catia V5 or V6 along with the release and PLM experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with multi-material construction (AHSS, UHSS, Aluminum, and Composites)
- Experience working with Class A Studio surfaces
- GD&T understanding and implementation
- Knowledge of CIW construction solutions including Stamping, Extrusions, Roll Forms, Forgings, and Castings along with corresponding design practices
- Knowledge of joining technologies including Self-Piercing Rivets, Resistance Welding, Arc Welding, and Bonding
- A casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Equity Compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Meaningful, challenging work that will redefine the automotive landscape and make EVs available to everyone
Canoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
To apply for this job please visit careers-canoo.icims.com.