Website Valero Energy Corporation
Lead Maintenance Technician (Ethanol Plant) Job Highlights
|Title||Lead Maintenance Technician – Ethanol Plant|
|Location||Albert City, IA, United States|
|Company||Valero Energy Corporation|
Valero Energy is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and petrochemical products.
The company is seeking a Lead Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for communicating, assuring completion, and auditing work scope within the maintenance department while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
This is a working position that will require the employee to be in the field performing maintenance as well as leading the Maintenance and I&E technicians.
This position is the alternate point of contact if the Maintenance Manager is not available.
- The applicants require a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 5 years of experience in the maintenance or repair of industrial equipment (required)
- Experience in the maintenance functions of a dry-mill ethanol plant (preferred)
- Experience in the use of hand and power tools (preferred)
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word and Excel) and a computerized maintenance management system (preferred)
- Welding experience on carbon and stainless steel (preferred)
- Assists Maintenance Technicians and I&E Technicians with troubleshooting and complex problems.
- Assists the Maintenance Manager in assuring work scope is completed in accordance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Assists the Maintenance Manager in scheduling training, conducting training, and developing technicians for the department.
- Assists the Maintenance Manager with communication to Maintenance Technicians and I&E Technicians regarding daily work scope and activities.
- Assists the Maintenance Manager with turn-arounds (and mini turn- arounds) planning activities.
- Assists the Maintenance Planner/Scheduler with reviewing the next day’s work scope/schedule.
- Assists with analyzing unscheduled work requirements to help troubleshoot problems, prioritize tasks, and assign resources.
- Attends all other meetings as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
- Audits work scope activities as they are being performed and report progress to the Maintenance Manager and the Maintenance Planner/Scheduler.
- Communicates all discoveries, changes in daily work scope scheduled, personnel requests, general requests, and completion of work activities and any other issues to the Maintenance Manager.
- Continues to strive to attain the next level of reliability by conducting root cause analyses (RCA’s) on bad actors, optimizing preventative maintenance (PMs), and looking at predictive technologies to identify problems earlier in the failure progression.
- Ensures interactive Tool Box Talks are completed at the morning maintenance meetings.
- Ensures work is completed in the safest and most efficient manner.
- Fills in for the Maintenance Manager in their absence.
- Follows through on the Management of Change (MOC) process to completion.
- Monitors reliability of equipment.
- Participates in Health, Safety, and Environmental programs.
- Presents ideas to improve how the department functions and ways to improve issues and reliability in the plant.
- Promotes teamwork within the maintenance department as well as between the various departments within the plant.
- Works a schedule that occasionally requires overtime or call-in as required.
- Completes Work Orders as assigned.
Valero is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.
To apply for this job please visit valero.taleo.net.