Website Kairos Power
Lead Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Albuquerque, NM, United States|
Kairos Power is a mission-driven engineering and new nuclear energy technology company. It focuses on the delivery of a clean, affordable, and safe energy solution through the integrated design, licensing, and demonstration of advanced reactor technology.
The company is looking for a Lead Welder with expertise relevant to setup, operation, and maintenance of advanced fabrication and machine shop equipment.
The position will contribute to the development and deployment of the company’s internal fabrication capabilities in support of engineering design.
The candidate must have knowledge of infrastructure, setup, operation, and maintenance requirements for advanced shop equipment, expertise in modern fabrication techniques, and a proven record of successful work in collaboration with engineering teams.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- AWS Certified Welder Certification is required
- Capable of obtaining forklift and boom lift certification
- The candidates should have 7+ years of working experience in a fabrication/welding shop environment.
- Experience interpreting and manufacturing parts and assemblies from mechanical drawings required
- Experience with ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code and API standards required
- Experience with CAD/CAM– Solidworks, HSMworks and Camworks desired
- Experience with communication supporting a closed-loop design/fabrication process desired
- Experience with manual tools required and CNC machine tools desired
- Experience working with stainless piping, tubing, pressure vessels required
- Conduct training occasionally on machine capability and best practices to enhance design for manufacturing knowledge-base, operator safety, and strengthen team collaboration
- Interact with engineering teams to handle and execute work requests
- Lead, managed, and/or supervised teams
- Propose optimal/innovative fabrication techniques for given designs/jobs
- Provide fast turnaround prototypes for engineering development
- Welding assemblies to meet print requirements
- Work with other team members on large assembly projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Managed and/or supervised teams, providing team members direction and mentorship
- Proven team player with excellent verbal, written communication/presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong background in GTAW welding process involving a variety of materials from thin walls to schedule 90+ piping
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- Color identification: detecting, distinguishing, recognizing, and identifying colors
- Manipulating, cleaning, and disposal of hazardous materials
- Reading and interpreting hazardous warning signs
- Reporting issues with equipment or unsafe conditions
- Wearing proper PPE, including a face mask, face shields, gloves, safety shoes
- Accessing the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned
- High-concentration, demanding, and fast-paced
- Noisy environments
- Odors or fumes from chemicals or chemical reactions
- Adjusting, moving, transporting, installing, positioning, or removing objects up to 50 pounds in all directions
- Communicating with others to exchange information
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one work site to another
- Operating motor vehicles, heavy equipment, or machinery
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods
- Repetitive assembly operations of manufacturing test fixtures and test setups in collaboration with engineering and manufacturing teams
- Use hand tools
- Some travel may be required, up to 10%
- Occasionally requires extended hours to support the launch and critical project timelines
- Occasionally requires non-standard work-week hours
- Occasionally requires overtime
- Occasionally requires schedule flexibility
- Occasionally requires working 2nd shift
- Occasionally requires working weekends
Kairos Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit kairospower.com.