Website Bechtel Corporation
Lead Welding Superintendent Job Highlights
|Title||Lead Welding Superintendent|
|Location||Columbus, OH, United States|
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction, and project management partner to industry and government. The corporation serves the infrastructure; nuclear, security, and environmental; energy; and mining and metals markets. The services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations.
The company is looking for a Lead Welding Superintendent who has direct construction and construction management responsibilities for construction, fabrication, and a number of operational requirements.
- Applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a minimum of 12 years of experience in welding and welding supervision with a minimum of 6 years of Bechtel experience
- Must have extensive experience and practical skills in SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, and FCAW welding processes
- Knowledge of initial site mobilization activities
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling development
- Knowledge of supervisory functions relating to field welding activities
- Coordinate with Discipline Superintendents and the Lead Field Welding Engineer to validate manpower and welder qualification requirements.
- Ensure current revision documents are utilized for installation.
- Ensure that all Bechtel, State, and Federal safety codes, requirements, and standards are being complied with the assigned area of responsibility.
- Ensure that scheduling concerns and constraints are identified and elevated to the module yard construction management team.
- Experience in project execution, welding and pipe spool fabrication, shop steel fabrication, shop supervision, and construction management processes are essential.
- Foster and promote safety as a core value in all works which includes participating, holding/attending daily and weekly safety meetings. Ensure the safety toolbox is incorporated into daily restarts. Attend safety walks with HSE leads and Area Superintendents.
- Interface with Design and Field Engineering teams as necessary to support construction welding activities.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of Bechtel’s SWPP 4MP-T81-03700 series for welding and NDE, 03502 U/G Pipe, 03503 A/G Pipe, 03504 Pipe Supports, 03505 Pipe System Cleanliness, 03506 Pressure Testing of Pipe, 03510 Insulation, ASME B31.1, and Boiler Code Pipe.
- Participates in the development of constructability log issues/ideas.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports and job manpower forecasts as necessary.
- Provide direction to Welding Superintendents, General Foremen, and Foreman as necessary to support welding initiatives across the project, ensuring the welders assigned to each task have the skill sets necessary to satisfactorily provide first-time quality with minimal rework.
- Provide input to weekly production meetings to ensure sufficient welder support is also scheduled and available by area.
- Provide oversight and assist with fit-up and fabrication processes as necessary to support the completion of spooled piping.
- Responsible for ensuring the welding commodities, equipment, and consumable gases are staged in assigned areas and are sufficient to support the scheduled work scopes. Provide oversight to ensure compliance according to the project housekeeping, preservation, pipe cleanliness, and AQIS procedures and standards. Ensure validation of AQIS records and check sheets as per subcontract procedures.
- Responsible for the implementation of corporate/project policies, procedures, and instructions within the assigned operation position of Area Superintendent.
- Review weekly scheduled work plans with discipline superintendents for pipe commodities to ensure the project has the welder resources available with the proper qualifications to support the planned work scopes.
- Supervise and coordinate daily with direct hire and subcontract representatives on pipe construction activities. Including but not limited to the fabrication team, AQIS, and materials management team.
- Works/interfaces with the Contractor, Subcontractor, and the responsible Discipline Superintendents to assist in delivering work packages as defined to support module fabrication.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Smart Plant Review, and document database navigation.
- The company values the health and welfare of its colleague and their families around the world. The benefits vary from country to country, based on local, practices, customs, and statutory conditions.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bechtel.com.