Website John Deere
Machining Engineer Job Highlights
|Experience||2 or more Years|
|Location||Dubuque, IA, United States|
John Deere provides advanced products, technology, and services for customers whose work is revolutionizing agriculture and construction. Further, it helps those who cultivate, transform, harvest, enrich, and build upon the land to meet the world’s increasing need for fuel, shelter, food, and infrastructure. Making sure there is enough food, fiber, and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world.
The company is looking for a Machining Engineer to join its Manufacturing Engineering team.
Note: VISA Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology from a college/university
- Possess 2 or more years of machining experience
- Experience being an effective member of a multi-disciplined, cross-functional team.
- Project management skills and demonstrated execution skills
- Mechanical aptitude in working with machine tooling
- Firsthand skill in programming machining equipment
- Ability to program and instruct on the use of Machining equipment.
- Establish routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation (OMS), quality plans, and labor standards (MPPlanner) for revisions to current operations or new parts or programs.
- Identify cost reduction, quality, safety, and ergonomic improvement ideas and follows thru to implementation.
- Investigate quality issues, identify root causes, and implement corrective actions.
- Provide support and troubleshooting for machining operations.
- Analyze, specify, procure, and implement production tooling and fixtures for new and existing processes.
- Communicate changes to peers and welders, and conduct training as required.
- Define and implement layout changes necessary for new product introduction into fabrication.
- Lead and actively participate in Continuous Improvement (CI) – improving departmental Safety, Quality, Efficiency, and Delivery through data-driven proactive projects.
- Analytical skills to determine welding-related cycle times and costs.
- Demonstrated understanding of quality planning and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be an initiative-taker with the ability to execute a variety of tasks with little supervision
- Proficiency with SAP and Microsoft Office
- Analytical skills in Statistical Process Control for dimensional integrity of weldments.
- Experience with line and process design, material presentation, cycles of imbalance, and visual management tools
- Experience with shop floor manufacturing, incentive pay systems, and work measurement
- Knowledge of manufacturing and/or distribution processes, quality, tooling, tool design, total preventative maintenance, and facilities
- Knowledge of standard quality tools, such as FMEA, Root Cause Analysis, and Statistics
- Proficiency in MPPlanner, VisView, Vis Mockup, and Creo (Pro-E)
- Siemens programming expertise
- Adoption assistance
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Flexible work arrangements
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution to the Health Savings Account
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings and Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Tuition assistance
- Employee Purchase Plans and numerous discount programs for personal use
John Deere is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
To apply for this job please visit careers.deere.com.