Machinist Job Highlights
|Location||Springfield, MO, United States|
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. The company provides an extensive line of motive power, reserve power, aerospace/defense, and specialty batteries with a full range of integrated services and systems. EnerSys is the Power/Full Solution for stored DC power products.
The company is searching for a Machinist who will focus primarily on the Energy Systems line of business, which includes telecommunications, IT, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), utilities and switchgear, security, emergency lighting, and general electronics.
Some of the reserve power brands include PowerSafe, DataSafe, and Genesis.
- No educational level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- Welding/fabricating experience – MIG or TIG, steel, stainless steel, aluminum.
- Experience in tool and die repair, and industrial machinery and equipment.
- Experience setting up and running machine tooling equipment with a precision mindset.
- Diagnose damaged tooling and stamping dies and determine the method to resolve the problem.
- Installs and removes dies and tooling from machinery.
- Operates various machine tools to produce new parts and perform repairs.
- Performs regularly scheduled and preventive maintenance on tooling and dies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Competence in reading precision measuring equipment to .001″ and occasionally .0001″.
- Dedication to safety and a quality-directed work attitude.
- Effective communication skills.
- Independent, self-motivated, and able to work as a team.
- Knowledge of shop mathematics, assembly methods, and common properties of materials.
- Required to have or obtain a personal toolbox with necessary tools, including hand tools, measuring equipment, etc.
- Ability to exert 25 pounds of force frequently.
- Ability to exert 50 pounds of force occasionally.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Eyesight capable of reading machine dial gauges, blueprints, and precision measuring devices.
- Manual dexterity to utilize hand tools.
- Mobility to move about a manufacturing environment.
- Tolerance to working in a hot and noisy environment.
- 6% match on 401K Contributions
- Climate Controlled Work Environment
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
EnerSys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.enersys.com.