Maintenance Mechanic Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (night shift)|
|Location||San Antonio, TX, United States|
AZZ is the largest independent provider of hot-dip galvanizing and coil coating solutions to a broad range of end markets. The company (all segments) provides sustainable, unmatched metal coating solutions that enhance the longevity and appearance of buildings, products, and infrastructure that are essential to everyday life.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Mechanic who will perform maintenance services in the areas of plumbing, electrical, welding, construction, painting, or machine servicing.
- Applicants require a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess 6 months to 1 year of related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Diagnoses mechanical problems and determines how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and part catalogs when necessary.
- Operates cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Orders parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogs and suppliers.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on equipment and buildings.
- Repairs, replaces, and reassembles defective equipment parts using hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of hot dip galvanizing, steel fabrication, or other custom metal coating operations is preferred.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production process, quality control and costs, and knowledge of hand tools and equipment is preferred.
- Knowledge of specific and general safety policies and procedures as relates to the plant and the position is preferred.
- Consists of smoke, irritating particular impurities, chemical fumes, and hot and cold temperatures
- The majority of the time is spent standing, walking, stooping, reaching, and bending.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must have good eye-hand coordination.
AZZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit azz-inc.jobs.net.