Website Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
Maintenance Specialist Staff Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Specialist Staff|
|Location||Topeka, KS, United States|
|Company||The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company|
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies and manufactures its products in 57 facilities in 23 countries around the world.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Specialist Staff who will lead and maintain equipment modifications to comply with all safety, environmental, and other regulatory compliances.
Also, lead the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of maintenance strategies and work management systems in the Maintenance Shop, delivering safe, cost-effective, and reliable equipment performance to ensure operational safety, cost control, reliability, and production targets are met or exceeded.
Forming and maintaining good relationships with all external service providers and management team members is important for this position.
Assist and support the sites in implementing best-in-class maintenance systems and processes.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree from a college/university (in lieu of a degree, 9 or more years of experience)
- Possess 4 years of experience working with multidisciplinary engineering and maintenance associates to achieve cost-effective goals.
- Equipment design experience and project engineering or project management role (preferred)
- Proven ability to gain results in a team environment.
- Assist in and learn processes for preparing cost estimates, financially justifying projects, preparing budgets, reviewing design, and supervising installation and commissioning. Assists in research of new equipment, systems, and processes to advance plant operations.
- Assist in the identification of unacceptable performance through analysis and acquired technical knowledge of the product and process including waste and cost reduction.
- Develop and execute activities involving continuous improvement tools, analysis of product irregularities, recommending solutions, and facilitating cost-down initiatives related to improving production costs. These duties would include training and instruction of appropriate team members’ day-to-day floor support.
- Gain understanding and assist to ensure safety, environmental, and other regulatory compliances by working with appropriate associates on EHS issues, following the implementation of MSRs, and improving communication across all relevant departments.
- Participate in the contractor management process and periodically assist with contractor’s work to ensure that safe work practices and standards operating procedures are followed.
- Ability to understand plant layouts, capital estimating, associate-man computations, and tire manufacturing equipment processes.
- Aptitude in mechanical, electrical, and welding applications.
- Computer literate in MS Office Suite, computerized layouts sheets, and database management.
- Excellent leadership, communication, organizational, team development, and management skills.
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement, safety, and environmental protection.
Goodyear is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.goodyear.com.