Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Maintenance Technician – 2nd Shift
|South Milwaukee, WI, United States
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
Eaton’s Power Reliability Division is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic who will perform industrial manufacturing mechanical system work to include layout, relocation, installation, maintenance, and repair of facilities, building mechanical systems, machinery, and equipment.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of industrial and facilities maintenance experience.
- Assists in installation and relocation involving machines and equipment
- Assists in maintaining an in-house wastewater treatment facility.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area, adheres to all facility environmental, health/safety guidelines, encourages communication, and participates with co-workers to further identify, reduce and eliminate potential hazards.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date maintenance records.
- Operates various industrial vehicles used in material/machine moving.
- Performs building maintenance, such as painting and carpentry.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments, as necessary
- Performs preventive maintenance on machinery and equipment to ensure proper operation. Makes necessary adjustments or repairs.
- Performs simple electrical maintenance activities
- Troubleshoots and repairs malfunctioning machines, equipment, and small tools/parts.
- Firm knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, and electromechanical systems
- Knowledge in PLC, circuitry, and programming
- Military mechanical repair experience or equivalent
- Technical college certification in industrial/facilities maintenance
- Active listening
- Critical thinking
The company provides benefits that are industry-competitive and focused on employee well-being. They are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Benefits Offered Day One (health, dental, vision, and wellness programs)
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Donation matching (US, Canada, Puerto Rico)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the work location will be considered.
- Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.