Website Independent Can Company
Manual Machinist Job Highlights
|Location||Rosedale, MD, United States|
|Company||Independent Can Company|
Independent Can Company is an industry leader in decorative and specialty can-making. The company’s main focus is manufacturing high-quality metal packaging. Its metal lithography is of unmatched intensity and definition.
The company is looking for a Manual Machinist who will perform all machine shop operations such as, but not limited to, lathe work, drilling, grinding, milling, shaping, and hand tool work.
Repair and overhaul factory equipment. Design and build manufacturing systems and equipment as needed. Duties could include welding, brazing, plumbing, and carpentry.
This position will report to the Shop Manager.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 3 to 6 months of related experience or training with completion of 8,000 hours Machinist Apprenticeship training to attain Journeyman Machinist papers as required by the company or similar training as received elsewhere; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, and sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerance of finished workpiece to assure the needs of production and customers.
- Assist in designing dies and line tooling for new and existing products.
- Assist in training of other personnel in a machine shop and maintenance in proper procedures.
- Assist Production Manager in the development of new tooling, new systems, and new production machines.
- Check the quality of products and take procedures to correct quality problems.
- Develop specifications from general descriptions and draw sketches of parts or products.
- Install new equipment in the plant and become knowledgeable of learning operations, adjustments and repairs.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all machine shop and plant machinery to establish safe usage, set-up, adjustments, repairs, expert usage, and operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of equipment.
- Proper use of all precision measuring devices, such as micrometers, verniers, and other equipment as required to perform all duties including making machine parts to within a one-half thousandth of an inch
- Set up procedures to conform finished tooling to specifications.
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Accident Insurance coverage
- Annual SSl/Safe and Sick Leave Policy/Pay allotment
- Apprentice Program
- Basic Life insurance/AD&D coverage
- Buy Up Life insurance with the ability to add a spouse and/or child rider coverage
- Charitable Giving Program
- Company Events
- Educational/Tuition assistance program
- Employee online shopping discounts
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Service Award Program, which awards employees based on years of service
- Employee Suggestion Program
- Generous PTO “Paid Time Off” Accrual, PTO increases with years of service
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage beginning on the first day of the month following 60 days of employment
- Participation in a 401(k) retirement savings account, with a generous employer matching contribution
- Participation in an HSA “Health Savings Account” in connection with your insurance coverage
- Pet Insurance coverage
- Scholarship Program for spouses and dependents
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance coverage
Independent Can Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.