Website Johnson Controls
Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Marinette, WI, United States|
Johnson Controls transforms the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, it drives the outcomes that matter most. The company is dedicated to protecting the environment and delivers promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers, and manufacturing.
The company is looking to hire a Manufacturing Engineer who will be responsible for improving manufacturing operations by implementing new or upgraded processes that increase output, enhance product quality, and ultimately reduce manufacturing costs while simultaneously maintaining or improving operator safety.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or a relevant field from an accredited university/college
- Candidates with exceptional relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Relevant engineering experience supporting manufacturing to improve methods and processes. Proficient knowledge of efficient troubleshooting methods.
- Conceives, investigates, evaluates, and makes recommendations for new equipment, tooling, and processes to improve safety, reliability, and capacity and reduce costs.
- Develops and collects data to drive decision-making. Runs equipment installations.
- Leads project schedules using Microsoft Project.
- Maintains and improves existing equipment by working with Maintenance, Supervision, and Material Control.
- Supports plant shutdowns.
- Reduce breakdowns and downtime by implementing preventative maintenance schedules.
- Leads or participates in Health, Safety, Environmental, Production, Material Control, Six Sigma DMAIC, and R&D project teams.
- Writes weekly activity and project reports, develops action plans, and generates work instructions, test procedures, and other documentation to support production operations.
- Utilizes systematic problem-solving and data collection to Identify and resolve problems, including driving cost and downtime reduction.
- Work in conjunction with quality assurance to support root cause analysis, scheduled audits, regulation compliance, etc.
- BOM/Routing Development
- CNC Machining and Integration
- Factory 4.0/Smart Factory
- Metal forming and fabrication
- New product introductions/launches
- PLC/Frequency drives – Allen-Bradley RS Logix
- Powder paint systems
- Robotic automation – FANUC
- Six Sigma/Lean certification or experience
- Welding – GMAW/GTAW
- Demonstrated track record of solving problems quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and ability to learn new skills quickly
- Must possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- New equipment development and capital execution
- Proficiency with MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Environmental, Health, Safety
- Comply with EHS rules.
- Lead the work area with a safe culture mindset.
- Support employees in their decision to shut down unsafe or environmentally damaging equipment or processes.
- Ensure completion of EHS training by all Employees. Participate actively in the safety process.
- Initiate an investigation into all accidents and injuries immediately.
- Submit suggestions to improve EHS and take action on suggestions submitted by employees.
- Act as emergency management coordinator for meeting locations and shelter areas. Initiate accountability in the event of an emergency. (i.e., what to do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados, etc.).
Johnson Controls is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.johnsoncontrols.com.