Website Blue Origin
Manufacturing Engineer I Job Highlights
|Title||Manufacturing Engineer I|
|Location||Merritt Island, FL, United States|
Blue Origin is working on the vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. The company believes we must protect Earth by moving heavy industries that stress our planet into space and finding new energy and material resources. Blue is working on this today by developing operationally reusable launch vehicles that are safe, reliable, and highly available.
The company is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer I who will lead the development of manufacturing processes for New Glenn tanks, including design for manufacturability reviews, process development, writing work instructions, and processing non-conformances.
The position will be the interface between the design engineering team and the manufacturing team, ensuring the manufactured product meets the design intent.
- The applicants should have passed a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or other relevant engineering and technical fields (from an accredited college/university).
- The candidates should have 1+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering, quality engineering, and/or aerospace integrated system design, including internships and competitive design projects.
- Closely manage build sequence, cost, quality, and schedule of hardware daily throughout the entire manufacturing process.
- Collaborate closely with internal customers (M&P engineers, test technicians, manufacturing engineers, production management, and design/analysis engineers) to define requirements and align tools to meet company objectives.
- Create/modify manufacturing work instructions to disposition NC’s.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvements to reduce build time and improve safety and quality
- Perform root cause analysis when non-conformances and escapes are identified and deploy corrective actions.
- Translate engineering intent, drawings, and configurations into fully functional hardware by developing manufacturing work instructions to clearly define the following manufacturing processes: receiving inspection, fabrication, assembly, test, and integration.
- 2+ years of experience in aircraft, spacecraft, launch vehicle, or satellite manufacturing.
- 2+ years of experience developing manufacturing process requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to-
-Coordinate a cross-functional team in transitioning a product from design to manufacturing at a targeted rate.
-Lead peers across organizations in a cross-functional team to incorporate process and/or quality improvement initiatives.
-Coordinate design for manufacturability and design for assembly improvements with product design teams.
- Experience with and responsibility for one or more of the following manufacturing processes:
-Friction stir welding
-Orbital tube welding
-Fastened mechanical joints
-Power-feed drilling and/or match-drilling
-Large structural assembly integration,
-Large fluid systems integration
- Development and incorporation of leak testing procedures and associated equipment
- Familiarity with applicable industry standards.
- Incorporation of clean-as-you-go processes and metrics
- Solid understanding of inspection and verification methods for assembly and integration.
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering fundamentals.
- Demonstration of excellent technical writing, grammar, and presentation skills.
- Experience in process definition, development, deployment, and qualification.
- Proficiency in Computer-Aided Design software.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Understanding of integration and assembly processes.
- The company offers medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4% company match.
- Paid Time Off – provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 11 holidays
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The company provides all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
To apply for this job please visit blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.