Mechanic Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (day/evening shift)|
|Location||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
Cargill brings food, agricultural, financial and industrial products to people who need them all around the world. It helps farmers grow more, connecting them to broader markets. The company develops products that give consumers just what they’re seeking, advancing nutrition, food safety, and sustainability.
The company is looking for a Mechanic to join its team.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma/GED (a minimum of 2 years of equivalent work experience)
- Red Seal Certification
- Must be 18 years or older
- Possess at least 1 year of industrial maintenance experience
- Experience with pneumatic or hydraulic systems
- Experience with precision maintenance
- Experience with welding, fabrication, and pipe fitting
- Completing preventative, predictive, reactive, and precision industrial maintenance throughout the facility
- Documenting all completed work and the conditions found; utilizing maintenance computer software as necessary
- Installing, maintaining, testing, evaluating, and repairing various components and systems including conveyors, fans, pumps, belt and chain drives, and process machinery
- Interacting on a regular basis with peers and management
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Operating forklifts, scissor lifts, and aerial work platforms
- Operating standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools, pneumatic tools, electric tools, as well as lifting/rigging equipment
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50 lbs., kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator
- Ability to work overtime including weekends and holidays with advance notice
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Basic use of a computer
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- The company offers a well-rounded benefits package including health/dental, paid vacations, etc.
Cargill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cargill.com.