Mechanic Operator Job Highlights
|Location||Point Tupper, NS, Canada|
Savage provides services to move and manage critical materials with worry-free consistency. The company specializes in rail, truck, and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling, and other industrial and environmental services. Industries served by Savage include oil refineries, power generation, railroads, food and agriculture, oil and gas, mining, chemicals and petrochemicals, ports and terminals, and construction.
The company is searching for a Mechanic Operator who will be responsible to assist the Maintenance Team in efforts to implement and carry out requirements and meet the expectations of the Savage Maintenance Program.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 2 to 5 years of experience (preferred but not required)
- Assist with writing and revising maintenance procedures as needed
- Assists with other facility mechanical repairs as necessary
- Complete all training as identified as mandatory for regulatory compliance, as well as company-associated course and training assigned by Savage. Training sessions may involve in-house or online. Training may be conducted locally or on occasion – out-of-province offsite training.
- Complete daily safety inspection of equipment and facilities to ensure safe operations
- Comply with all Transport Canada regulatory requirements of Marine Facility security
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with facility regulatory requirements
- Follow proper safety rules, maintenance, and operating procedures
- Learn and partner with the Site Forman to utilize and implement Manager Plus requirements
- Maintain shop cleanliness and parts inventory
- Operate industrial mobile equipment as required for the purposes of maintaining coal yard integrity and logistics, supplying required coal systems, loading of Trucks, and coal yard and road maintenance
- Perform routine clean-up, housekeeping, and maintenance of facilities, equipment, and coal handling system
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance
- Some welding and fabricating
- Stevedoring tasks of mooring and unmooring of incoming and departing vessels
- Thorough understanding of the operation of Industrial Mobile equipment, and basic maintenance
- Ability to read, write, and understand English, follow written and/or verbal instruction, and possess basic math and computer skills.
- Clean-shaven for the purposes of respirator or dust mask proper fit and annual fit test.
- Coal handling or aggregate handling experience is preferred.
- Experience in operation of front-end loaders, backhoes, skid steers, excavators, and other heavy equipment preferred.
- Experience with loading trucks utilizing front-end loader preferred.
- Mechanically inclined, and willing to undertake equipment
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisors(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- Must be willing to work any shift, including weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
- PWSR (Person with Security Responsibilities) certification preferred.
- Annual Steel Toe Boot Allowance
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement plan
- Opportunities for Growth
- Paid Statutory holidays
- Vacation Pay
- Provide Uniforms and PPE
Savage is an equal opportunity employer that complies with applicable human rights legislative requirements, including the duty to accommodate.
To apply for this job please visit us61e2.dayforcehcm.com.