Website Crown Technical Systems
Mechanical Engineering Manager Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanical Engineering Manager|
|Location||Fontana, CA, United States|
|Company||Crown Technical Systems|
Crown Technical Systems initially provides Relay Panel to the Federal Government, and now serves as a manufacturing center for Relay Panels, Steel Enclosures, OEM Medium Voltage Switchgear.
The company is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Manager who will be responsible for providing leadership and direction for the mechanical engineering department.
This position provides technical and project leadership using hands-on approaches while exercising tactical flexibility while focusing on strategic goals.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Hires and trains the mechanical engineering staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a college/university.
- Master’s Degree is preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Mechanical Design
- Minimum 5 years of Managerial experience and/or proven leadership skills
- Professional Engineer certification is a plus
- Knowledge of coding and standards associated with the Electrical Industry
- Actively coordinate the definition of design inputs, the creation of the design descriptions and specifications.
- Actively oversees the implementation of the company’s safety, quality, and cultural guidelines.
- Assigns Mechanical Engineering personnel to projects and tasks, as required, manages team’s performance, and proactively assists his/her direct reports to meet project goals and schedules.
- Directly serve, as appropriate, as Project Engineer on certain projects.
- Leads by example in implementing current designing tools, practices, processes, and regulatory requirements.
- Manage technical communications with the customers, clearly presents CTS designs and follows-up with customers’ feedback.
- Provides estimates of labor and period of performance for Mechanical Engineering efforts in support of proposals.
- Provides robust design with reliability and manufacturability, and meets cost & schedule
- Verify designs, troubleshoot, conduct, document, and oversee any resultant processes of corrective actions.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned
- Ability to gather, analyze and summarize data in order to draw rational, fact-based conclusions
- Excellent budgeting and cost containment skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, troubleshooting skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in structural design and analysis, familiarity with structural FEA
- Familiarity with building codes, ASME, ANSI
- Familiarity with ISO policies and safety regulations
- Highly experienced in traditional mechanical design, simulations, design for manufacturing, and assembly for mechanical systems such as enclosures for buildings’ equipment or switchgear.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and ability to work well with assemblers and other manufacturing personnel.
- Must have excellent organization, supervisory, managerial, and leadership skills to manage a team of engineers and technical staff.
- Proficient with MS Office programs, including Microsoft Projects.
- Proven records of personal and technical leadership.
- Required competence in 3D solid modeling, proficiency with the latest mechanical CAD tools (e.g., SolidWorks), and the simulation tools required.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to traverse the production floor as needed
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Crown Technical Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.