Website Transport for NSW
Mechanical Tradesperson Job Highlights
|Location||Narrandera, New South Wales, Australia|
|Company||Transport for NSW|
Transport for NSW provides safe, integrated, and efficient transport systems. It works across planning, policy, and procurement, harnessing data and technology to develop smarter and more adaptive transport solutions. It is a government organisation leading the group of transport agencies and divisions that keep NSW moving.
The company is hiring a Mechanical Tradesperson who will undertake maintenance and repairs on a range of plant items, vehicles, and mechanical equipment.
The position will take on duties involving installation, maintenance, repairs, commissioning, and modification of complex machinery driven by hydraulic/pneumatic principles.
- The applicants should possess trade qualifications as an Automotive Heavy Vehicle Mechanic or equivalent
- The candidates should have an experience in welding/metal fabrication, or have a plant/heavy vehicle mechanic background
- Ability to deal with routine problems that arise during the course of work without support through the application of acquired knowledge and reference to standard guidelines and manuals. Complex problems are identified and resolved with the assistance of others. Determine the most appropriate means of performing given activities from a wide range of established methods.
- Actively participate in team meetings and processes and proactively offer suggestions for improvement.
- Apply interpersonal skills to assist members of the public and other team members to ensure that team processes proceed and that minor conflicts within the team are resolved. Facilitate some team processes within the work unit, and provide guidance and on-the-job training to other team members.
- Perform given tasks to specified standards and tolerances and accept responsibility for the completion of a function or activity to a quality specification.
- Understand and demonstrate responsibility for determining the legal framework of WHS in the workplace, apply knowledge of WHS legislation, policies, and procedures in the workplace; and maintain knowledge of WHS legislation, industry, and organisational requirements.
- Work under limited supervision either in a team environment or working independently, perform a wide range of advanced non-trades functions which have been acquired through experience or formal training to specified standards and tolerances.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow instructions and work procedures
- Demonstrated ability to Communicate Effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment
- Demonstrated responsibility for personal safety and safety of others in the workplace
- Career Development
- Flexible Working
- Leave Entitlements
- Professional Networks
To apply for this job please visit jobs.transport.nsw.gov.au.