Maintenance III Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (night shift)|
|Location||New Braunfels, TX, United States|
CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high-quality products and reliable service to customers and communities around the world.
The company is looking for a Maintenance III who will support the production process, by performing complex maintenance repairs and rebuilding all plant equipment required to maintain optimum capabilities.
The position will work under the direction of the Maintenance or Production Team Leader.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Not required, yet having this one will be considered a plus.
- Direct and train inexperienced or lesser experienced employees in the above duties.
- Full compliance with plant, state/federal safety regulations, and general work rules. Use of proper lock-out procedure and personal protective equipment.
- Maintain, repair, rebuild and fabricate parts when required for all types of industrial equipment used in the production of cement.
- Performs gas and arc welding, layout, pipefitting, and millwright functions.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnose equipment problems and performs necessary repairs, and reports findings to supervision.
- Responds to emergency breakdowns and repairs that may occur on a 24-hour-a-day, seven days per week basis.
- Take personal responsibility to translate safety policies, goals, and standards from paper into action. Follow prescribed safety policies, procedures, and standards in the completion of assigned tasks. Complete all required inspections, audits, work orders, and reports. Communicate and document hazards and substandard conditions or acts. Immediately correct substandard conditions and act to the best of your ability. Report all near misses to your team leader and assist as requested in near-miss and incident investigations.
- Works from detailed prints and equipment manuals to fabricate parts and repair equipment as necessary.
- Ability to carry out not only simple but complex oral and written instructions and deal with problems from standardized situations and work experience
- Ability to communicate well with supervisors, mechanics, leadmen, welders, maintenance personnel-and co-workers, and outside contractors
- Ability to comprehend additional training in relation to the performing of the work duties
- Ability to develop other technical and management skills for future promotion
- Ability to read and understand English sufficiently to be able to read technical information contained in manuals, reports, and welding work-related instruction, including safety issues and matters
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge to detect potential safety hazards, breakdown of machinery and equipment
- Good mathematical skills, including basic math, fractions, and conversions of four-five digit numbers and common units of measurement in both metric and the decimal systems
- High level of attentiveness and physical coordination to perform the work activities safely and productively
- Must have the ability to operate standard maintenance machines, equipment, and powered mechanic tools. To cut, and mount fabricated components needed to repair equipment
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Heavy Work-Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, or pulling controls
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- The company offers competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental, vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance programs, and retirement plan options.
CEMEX is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cemex.com.