Website Norda Stelo
Metallurgical Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Toronto, ON, Canada|
Norda Stelo is an independent engineering consulting firm, specializing in integrated projects. The company supports the clients from planning and design, to construction or construction management operations.
The company is looking to hire a Metallurgical Engineer with an in-depth understanding of how materials behave in their service environment.
The candidate must have observed, analyzed, and resolved various problems related to degradation and failure modes and mechanisms and identified solutions to overcome them.
They must have experience in dealing with the problems that arise on metal, petroleum, pulp, and paper processing/production sites.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Materials, Metallurgical or Mechanical Engineering, or other related engineering fields.
- The candidates should have 5 years of relevant experience
- Apply fractographic principles to various cases of failure involving parts, equipment, etc.
- Choose from various types of materials according to the service environment (metals, plastics, refractories, and more)
- Develop contacts and potential markets
- Ensure the integrity of tanks, pipes, and other production equipment
- Handle administrative tasks related to project management and profitability
- Identify modes of material degradation affecting metals, plastics, refractories, or other materials
- Use ASTM, API, AISI, ASM, ASME, and other standards
- Use physical characterization tools (electron microscopy, X-ray fluorescence, Auger microscopy, X-ray diffractometry, etc.)
- Use various inspection techniques
- Basic understanding of corrosion, damage mechanisms or failure modes, and prevention methods
- Bilingual (French/English) is an asset
- Good written and oral communication and people skills
- Knowledge of nondestructive testing (NDT) methods, applications, capabilities, and limitations
- Knowledge of pressure vessels, storage tanks, piping, release device design, and repair requirements/codes/methods (an asset)
- Opportunity to acquire NACE certification within 2 years of employment
- P.Eng licence (professional engineer licence)
- Team player, self-motivated, and deadline conscious
- A four and a half-day work week, with Friday afternoons off
- A group benefits program with full single and family coverage, including prescription drug plans, a dental plan, and a vision care plan
- A pension plan with employer contribution
- Competitive salaries
- Discounted rates specifically for transit, sports membership, as well as car and housing insurance services
- Stimulating teams and challenges
Norda Stelo follows the principles of employment equity and all qualified individuals are invited to apply.
To apply for this job please visit nordastelo.jobs.net.