Website J.B. Hunt Transport Services
Mobile Service Truck Repairer Job Highlights
|Title||Mobile Service Truck Repairer|
|Location||Sumner, WA, United States|
|Company||J.B. Hunt Transport Services|
J.B. Hunt Transport specializes in technology-driven freight shipping for large and small businesses. The company is a third-party logistics (3PL) provider and one of the largest transportation logistics companies.
The company is searching for a Mobile Service Truck Repairer who will be responsible for performing intermediate level troubleshooting and repair services of our tractors, trailers, chassis, containers, and power equipment at a customer site or rail yard using a mobile service truck.
This position has the possibility to work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts including nights or weekends in addition to overtime; it requires full-time attendance.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Illustrate a clean motor vehicle record as per JB Hunt guidelines.
- Willingness to work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts including nights or weekends if needed
- The candidates should have up to 1 year of experience in semi-trailer maintenance and repair or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Accurately complete work orders and other written materials according to established procedures
- Follow all safety requirements while at a customer or rail yard
- Operate assigned service truck in a professional manner and according to company requirements; keep unit clean and well-stocked
- Patch holes in trailer/container side panels and roofs ensuring all holes are sealed and water-tight
- Perform annual AA Trailer and FHWA Brake Inspections under supervision of a certified technician as required
- Properly document damage to company equipment to allow subrogation of repair costs
- Understand and demonstrate the basic use of a cutting torch and welding equipment; perform minor repairs on chassis, frames, brackets, etc.
- With guidance, perform basic preventive maintenance tasks to include, but are not limited to, tire replacements/flat repairs, brake adjustments/services/replacements, electrical diagnostics, basic structural repairs on trailer chassis, sub-frames, etc.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements (lift/move appliance up to 50 pounds)
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to read documents and/or information in English
- Ability to wear appropriate work attire (protective gear/PPE)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Basic active listening skills
- Basic computer skills
- Basic deductive reasoning skills
- Basic organizational skills
- Basic problem-solving skills
- Basic time management skills
- Commercial Driver’s License
- Commercial Driver’s License – Class A – Department of Transportation
J.B. Hunt Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company will recruit, hire, compensate, offer benefits to, upgrade, train, layoff, terminate, and/or promote individuals without discrimination in regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or other bases by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jbhunt.com.