Website J.B. Hunt Transport Services
Mobile Trailer Mechanic Job Highlights
|Title||Mobile Trailer Mechanic|
|Location||Bethlehem, PA, United States|
|Company||J.B. Hunt Transport Services|
J.B. Hunt Transport specializes in technology-driven freight shipping for large and small businesses. The company is a third-party logistics (3PL) provider and one of the largest transportation logistics companies.
The company is looking for a Mobile Trailer Mechanic who will be responsible for performing intermediate level troubleshooting and repair services of our tractors, trailers, chassis, containers, and power equipment at a customer site or rail yard using a mobile service truck.
This position has the possibility to work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends in addition to overtime; it requires full-time attendance.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of experience in Semi-Tractor/Trailer maintenance and repair or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 1-year of experience in Federal highway inspections and air brakes
- 1 to 3 years of experience in Semi-Trailer maintenance and repair or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Illustrate a clean motor vehicle record as per JB Hunt guidelines
- Accurately complete work orders and other written materials according to established procedures
- Follow all safety requirements while at a customer or rail yard
- Operate assigned service truck in a professional manner and according to company requirements; keep unit clean and well stocked
- Patch holes in trailer/container side panels and roofs ensuring all holes are sealed and watertight
- Perform annual AA Trailer and FHWA Brake Inspections sign off
- Perform intermediate level troubleshooting and preventive maintenance tasks to include, but not limited to, tire replacements/flat repairs, brake adjustments/services/replacements, electrical diagnostics, basic structural repairs on trailer chassis, sub-frames, etc.
- Properly attend to truck inventory
- Properly document damage to company equipment to allow subrogation of repair costs.
- Troubleshoot and repair ABS system
- Understand and demonstrate the proficient use of a cutting torch and welding equipment and perform mid-level repairs on chassis, frames, brackets, etc.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements (lift/move appliance up to 50 pounds)
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to read documents and/or information in English
- Ability to wear appropriate work attire (protective gear/PPE)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Commercial Driver’s License
- DOT certified in FHWA Inspections and Air Brakes
- EPA section 608 certification and Refrigeration License
- Forklift certification and experience
- Proficient active listening skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Proficient deductive reasoning skills
- Proficient inventory management skills
- Proficient organizational skills
- Proficient problem-solving skills
- Welding certification
J.B. Hunt Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company will recruit, hire, compensate, offer benefits to, upgrade, train, layoff, terminate, and/or promote individuals without discrimination in regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or other bases by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jbhunt.com.