Website Bechtel Corporation
NDE Coordinator Job Highlights
|Location||Columbus, OH, United States|
Bechtel is trusted engineering, construction, and project management partner to industry and government. The corporation serves the infrastructure; nuclear, security, and environmental; energy; and mining and metals markets. The services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations.
The company is looking for an NDE Coordinator who will be responsible for reviewing, monitoring, and reporting on the Contractor Welding Program
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree (college/university) preferred with 10+ years of welding/NDE
- Possess 15+ years of piping welding/NDE experience
- Must be certifiable by written examination to Bechtel’s nondestructive examination requirements as NDE Level III in Radiographic, Magnetic Particle, Liquid Penetrant, and Visual Examination or ASNT Level III certification
- Assisting in the resolution of Corrective Action Reports (CARs) issued by Project Quality Assurance.
- Assists Project Welding Supervisor in monitoring and reporting on the site welding program, as directed.
- Implementation of Project Quality System.
- Implementation of Project Safety and Project Environmental programs.
- Observing NDE applications for RT, UT, MT, and PT against Bechtel-approved NDE procedures.
- Perform Contractor/Subcontractor Surveillance Reports
- Provide Welding and NDE assistance to Area Construction Manager, as necessary.
- Review film to project specifications.
- Reviewing Radiography setups, against project-approved NDE procedures.
- Reviewing Subcontractor accepted radiographic films for correct interpretations.
- Reviewing Subcontractor accepted UT, RT, MT, and PT reports for correct interpretations.
- Understand, monitor and report, as required, automatic UT techniques and Digital Radiography.
- Verification of materials, workmanship, and specification/code requirements.
- Verify and monitor calibration of NDE equipment.
- Verifying personnel is qualified to the appropriate code (SNT- TC-1A), (API 1104), (B31.8) (Eng. Spec).
- Verifying Subcontractor has Bechtel W&NDE Services reviewed and accepted procedures, as required.
- Verifying Subcontractor is using personnel qualified to the process being used.
- Work with Contractor and Subcontractor to ensure required reports are completed in a quality manner and on time.
- Writing Nonconformance Reports on nonconforming items (work, reports, activities).
- Proficient in the development of technical presentations.
- Strong technical background and knowledge of all phases of welding applications and methods, and non-destructive examination relating to construction activities.
- Thorough knowledge of ASME, AWS, API, NFPA, AWWA, ASTM, and ASNT codes, specifications, and standards.
- The company values the health and welfare of its colleague and their families around the world. The benefits vary from country to country, based on local, practices, customs, and statutory conditions.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bechtel.com.