NDT Technician Assistant Job Highlights
|Title||NDT Technician Assistant|
|Function||Assist NDT Technicians|
|Location||Tulsa, OK, United States|
PROtect provides protection services to customers from unnecessary risks related to safety, property damage, liability, unplanned downtime, and regulatory non-compliance.
The company is seeking a candidate to assist NDT Technicians with inspections of structures, pipelines, or other components and materials using x-ray, ultrasound, or related equipment.
The applicants should have passed a High School Diploma or GED from a welding school.
The candidates should have some previous work-related skills, knowledge, or experience.
- Follow instructions to ensure the safety of the entire team
- Assist in the identification of defects in materials using testing techniques
- Drive company vehicles and maintain a safe driving record
- Train on experienced tasks and learn new tasks from Lead Technicians
- Assist in the setup and utilize equipment for non-destructive testing of components and materials in accordance with applicable codes, standards, specifications, and procedures
- Assist in the NDT examination techniques. Select, prepare, load, calibrate, or operate equipment used in the non-destructive testing of products or materials
- Assist in the process of performing non-destructive testing (NDT) inspections, such as gamma radiography, x-ray radiography, magnetic particle, liquid penetrant, ultrasonic, leak testing, and visual inspections
- Mechanical – Basic mechanical knowledge
- Customer Service – Interact professionally with customers. Punctual arrival to assignments
- Teamwork – able to work effectively as part of a team and to follow specific instructions
- Able to Work a Demanding and Flexible Schedule – Strong work ethic required. Able to work long periods of time, up to 16-hour days. Able to respond to call-outs on short notice and to stay on the site, including long-distance travel for extended periods of time.
- Safety – Knowledge of, and willingness to follow, applicable safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Apply these safety standards in the work environment and look out for other crew members.
- Able to frequently lift and carry objects up to 75 pounds on loose, rough, or uneven terrain
- Climbing and working at heights, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, standing for long periods, walking, pushing, pulling, and repetitive motion
- Able to occasionally exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects up to 150 pounds with assistance
- Working in confined spaces, working in extreme cold and heat, visual acuity, working near hazards including moving mechanical parts, working near electrical components, and exposures to chemicals
Valid driver’s license. Insurability through PROtect, LLC insurance carrier.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.