Orbital Tube Welder (Falcon 9) Job Highlights
|Title||Orbital Tube Welder (Falcon 9)|
|Location||Hawthorne, CA, United States|
SpaceX manufactures, designs, and launches the world’s most advanced rockets and spacecraft. It aims to revolutionize space transportation, with the ultimate goal of making life multi-planetary. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The company is seeking an Orbital Tube Welder to join its team for various spacecraft manufacturing activities.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalency Certificate.
- The candidates should have 1+ years of orbital welding experience.
- Hands-on experience in a professional setting or formal training program (course)
- Assemble and calibrate liquid controllers and systems as required
- Cut and prepare all tubing and fittings used in the welding operation
- Follow established procedures to set up and operate the orbital welding system
- Inspect all completed assemblies using the borescope inspection system
- Maintain a file of all work records
- Maintain a clean work area
- Perform setup of the welding system
- Maintain an adequate supply of spare parts for the welding system
- Work from blueprints and approved drawings
- Airframe and power plant (A&P) license
- Experience working in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Certification from a formal orbital weld training program
- TIG welding and clean room experience
- Able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed. Estimated start times: 1st shift (5 am), 2nd shift (2:30 pm)
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.