Website Means Engineering
Orbital Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Carlsbad, CA, United States|
Means Engineering features a depth of experience in medical, industrial, semiconductor equipment, and military products. The company’s turn-key capabilities provide smart, simple solutions to cumbersome outsourcing issues, and provide our clients with an intelligent route from concept to market.
The company is seeking an Orbital Welder who will work in the welding depart as part of MEI’s vertically integrated manufacturing operations.
Under direct supervision, the position is responsible for completing welding tasks using their knowledge of, and experience with, various welding methods and materials.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 3+ years of related experience or a combination of related experience and education (program).
- Experience with welding tools including but not limited to: cold saw, pneumatic tools, portable band saw, grinders, polishing wheels, and standard inspection equipment
- Experience working in ERP systems, Epicore is preferred
- Complete rework of repair parts/product
- Complete welding tasks using a full range of welding methods including TIG, Hand, Braze, and Orbital Welding and regularly work with various types of metals including SS, AL, Titanium, Foils, and brazing copper
- Perform fitting of assemblies
- Perform in-process quality assurance activities and inspections to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards
- Properly prepare weld surfaces
- Able to read and understand drawings, work instructions, and technical documents and specifications as necessary to perform the job functions
- Basic math skills including geometry and some trigonometry, measurement skills including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Must be able to list up to 25 lbs. frequently
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend for long periods of time
- Must have strong English communication skills to understand verbal and written instructions, communicate with other employees
The company offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, holidays, including paid winter shutdown, PTO plan, and monthly employee events
This position requires the use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Means Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.meanseng.com.