Website Eastern Shipbuilding Group
Outside Machinist 1/C Job Highlights
|Title||Outside Machinist 1/C|
|Location||Panama City, FL, United States|
|Company||Eastern Shipbuilding Group|
Eastern Shipbuilding Group (ESG) is a leading innovator in marine construction and repair. The company builds world-class vessels for national defense and commercial clients, including the USCG’s Heritage Class Offshore Patrol Cutters.
The company is looking for an Outside Machinist 1/C who will install propulsion machinery, sea valves, steering gear, anchor handling equipment, pumps, ventilating equipment, etc.
Also, plan, fabricate, and install foundations.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 3 to more years of experience working on manual, vertical, and horizontal machines in all phases of turning and milling in a machine shop environment required.
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) experience desired.
- Requires strong mechanical aptitude and an understanding of marine propulsion systems.
- Required to pass Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) tack welding test to become American Bureau of
- Shipping (ABS) certified. Requires knowledge of ship terminology, Safety rules, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and ABS standards.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Assemble parts into completed units, using jigs, fixtures, hand, and power tools.
- Clean, lubricate, and maintain machines, tools, and equipment to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
- Comply with Company, federal, state, and local safety, ethics, and environmental rules, regulations, and policies while performing duties.
- Fit and assemble parts to make or repair machine tools and maintain industrial machines and equipment.
- Flag cranes, calculate weights, and rig lifts as required.
- Lay out and verify dimensions of parts, using precision measuring and marking instruments.
- Operate metalworking machine tools, such as lathe, milling machine, shaper, or grinder to machine parts to specifications.
- Regular attendance at work and the ability to work flexible hours, including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Securing equipment to the deck and attaching fuel, cooling, or lubricating lines.
- Set up and operate a variety of machine tools.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in the principles of precision alignment of rotating machinery and reading precision measuring tools.
- Ability to read and comprehend written, verbal, or diagram forms or plans.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, and layouts.
- Knowledge of the safe operation and use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure.
- Ability read and use both standard SAE and Metric measuring devices.
- Integrity, ethics, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal skills, attention to detail, safety-conscious, and multi-tasking.
- Maintain the confidential integrity of details pertaining to Eastern Shipbuilding Group.
- Regularly required to communicate
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing throughout the workday
- Must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear all required personal protective equipment, as prescribed under Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards
- Must be able to work above ground at heights of a minimum of 50 feet aloft or working from scaffolding or man-lifts while working with machinery; in confined spaces and withstand extreme heat and cold in an outside climate or confined space
- The employee may be exposed to the risk of electrical shock, moving mechanical parts, vibration, fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, continual loud noise, and other hazards found in a heavy industrial shipyard environment.
- Rigorous compliance with safety procedures, policies, and personal safety equipment requirements is therefore mandatory.
- The company offers competitive wages, bonuses, and full benefits including a 401(k)-retirement plan, to help our employees save for retirement and enjoy a lifelong career.
Eastern Shipbuilding Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit easternshipbuilding.hua.hrsmart.com.