Plant Operator Job Highlights
|Location||South Chicago Heights, IL, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is seeking a Plant Operator who will be responsible for safely operating equipment for the handling and production of packaged gas cylinders, both for high pressure and liquefied gases.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 1 year of experience in manufacturing operations or loading experience.
- Checks for cylinder quantities, styles, and products, or assists with inventory
- Complies with all government and company standards relating to the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
- Handles high-pressure, medical, and liquid cylinders. Prepares high-pressure cylinders and cryogenic vessels for filling. Attaches to manifold and evacuates cylinders to eliminate all possible contaminants.
- Inspects cylinders prior to filling, following standard procedures as required by the government, Airgas, and distributor standards. Conducts a variety of Safety checks per procedures, such as odor tests, checking caps, and valves. Fills cylinders by pressure and weight, per regulations and standards.
- Loads and unloads gas cylinders and/or other products onto and off of route trucks and trailers moving cylinders with proper carts only.
- Manages paperwork to DOT, FDA, OSHA, and Airgas standards. Completes quality control sheets as required.
- Performs basic cylinder maintenance such as painting cylinders, labeling cylinders, and cleaning the work area.
- Rolls cylinders and operates a forklift truck for the movement of cylinders on pallets.
- Sorts empty cylinders by type.
- Understands hazards of various gases; sizes and contents of cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the color-coding of tanks. Accurately labels cylinders.
- Ability to perform math functions
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
- Strong background in gas, welding, and safety supply industry or chemical industry preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.