Plate Roller/Machine Operator Job Highlights
|Plate Roller/Machine Operator
|Newton, IA, United States
Arcosa provides infrastructure-related products and solutions with leading brands serving engineered structures, construction, and transportation markets.
The company (Arcosa Wind Towers) is looking for a Plate Roller/Machine Operator who will set up and operate machines and may use blueprints, make adjustments for materials used, verify dimensional requirements, and transfer materials to storage areas.
Work with unconventional materials that require specialized skills.
As a Team Member-
- Activating the potential of our people
- Caring for our customers
- Integrating sustainability into our daily practices as well as our long-term strategy and promoting a results-driven culture that is aligned with long-term value creation
- Optimizing operations
- Applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Mobile Equipment Certification (Arcosa will Certify)
- Possess up to 2 years of experience (preferred)
- Assist in the completion of all tasks to meet deadlines
- Assure the safety of all team members
- Machine welds
- Maintain and improve quality
- Maintain attendance within acceptable standards
- Make adjustments that adhere to established specifications (i.e., head height, concentricity, etc.)
- Operate one piece of CNC (Oxy-fuel or Plasma cutting)
- Operate Plate Roll or other specialty equipment
- Perform Torch cutting
- Set up and operate machines to cut, bend, straighten, and form using free-form techniques to meet product specifications
- Train new or existing team members
- Troubleshoot and correct faulty programming
- Unload and may transfer materials to storage areas using overhead cranes or forklifts
- Verify dimensional requirements
- Work with unconventional types of materials
- Understand basic measuring techniques, basic computer skills, troubleshooting skills, repair minor machine issues, and ability to read blueprints
- Ability to tolerate both high and low temperatures, and loud noises typical of a manufacturing plant
- May require work/maintenance coverage beyond the normal hours, shift, and on weekends/holidays
- Includes plant, warehouse, production and non-production areas, and plant grounds.
- Be aware of and observe all safety practices. Including but not limited to Safety glasses, safety boots, hearing protection, etc. as required
- Know and follow all safety rules and procedures.
- Participate in safety committees and initiatives as assigned.
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Dental and Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health and Pharmacy
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability
Arcosa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.