Principal Materials/Corrosion Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Principal Materials/Corrosion Engineer|
|Location||London, England, UK|
Worley delivers project and asset services for the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors around the world. The company is a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers, and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow.
The company is seeking a Materials/Corrosion Engineer who must have experience in large-scale projects in the upstream/downstream/refinery and chemical/petrochemical markets, for plants and pipelines.
Extensive FEED and EPC & EPC detailed design experience are a must.
Candidates shall have a strong technical background in engineering contracting environment in all areas of Metallurgy, Material Selection, Corrosion assessment, Corrosion protection, Corrosion Management, Welding & NDT, Coatings, Refractories, and Insulation.
- The applicants should have either a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Materials Engineering or Metallurgy (preferably Chartered Engineer).
- The candidates should have a proven experience in materials and corrosion engineering and design in the oil and gas (10+ years)
Possess an extensive experience in-
- Cathodic Protection
- Corrosion Assessment
- Corrosion management
- Corrosion monitoring
- Materials selection
- Welding and NDT
- Ability to work under minimal supervision whilst maintaining the ability to deliver assigned projects on budget and on time
- Effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers
- Ensures effective communications among other engineering disciplines, project management, and client teams
- Participates in meetings with other members of the project team and client representatives
- Should be able to add value plus/optimization ideas
- Takes personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects and demonstrates this by example
- The successful candidate must be a driven professional with strong commercial and business acumen
- Responsible for Materials and Corrosion activities and deliverables, such as-
-Development of Reports/Studies
-Corrosion Assessment Calculations
-Material Selection Diagrams
-Technical Bid Evaluations
-Vendor Data Review
-Maintenance of Worley specifications and standards
-Liaising with counterparts in other Worley offices
-Awareness and review of emerging codes and technologies
- Thorough knowledge of applicable international codes and standards and major Company/Operators standards
- Ability to communicate and present effectively
- Ability to organize and set priorities
- Ability to report in English, both verbal and writing
- Good communication skills with peers and customers
- Good understanding of requirements of other departments and interfaces in engineering
- Should have experience in FEED and Detail Engineering projects with exposure to field engineering activities.
- The company provides competitive compensation packages and a safe working environment.
Worley is an equal opportunity employer and we create a working culture that embraces diversity and promotes inclusion and flexibility. Our people reflect the range of countries, cultures, and contexts spanned by our operations, and we offer equal chances during the application process.
To apply for this job please visit worleyparsons.taleo.net.