Website Nikola Motor Company
Process Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Coolidge, AZ, United States|
|Company||Nikola Motor Company|
Nikola is a technology disruptor and integrator, working to develop innovative energy and transportation solutions. It is pioneering a business model that will enable corporate customers to integrate next-generation truck technology, hydrogen fueling infrastructure, and maintenance.
The company is seeking a Process Engineer specifically for the battery line and will work in all stages of the development process; from the lab environment to sellable production.
The position will report to the Engineering Manager.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Mechatronics, or Electrical) from a college/university
- Possess a minimum 5 years of experience as a hands-on contributor working on mechanical or electromechanical systems in a volume manufacturing environment or with lithium-ion battery cell assembly production utilizing automated manufacturing equipment
- Experience managing or widely participating in equipment bidding processes, engineering phases, installation, and commissioning
- Experience operating and performing basic programming of automation (robotics)
- Experience reading electrical drawings and equipment documentation
- Experience troubleshooting with automated and robotic manufacturing systems
- Experience using CAD
- Design of Manufacturing Equipment and Fixtures working closely with external equipment suppliers on equipment design
- Develop all tooling and equipment lists and technical specifications for all operator hand tools, power tools, fixtures, and assembly aids
- Develop all work instructions based on standard time data that supports production cycle times
- Develop and continuously improve laser welding processes and well as Battery cell manufacturing process
- Develop Assembly/Manufacturing processes based on manufacturing best practices
- Develop proper error-proofing (poka-yoke) systems with a focus on the design before process solutions
- Develop timing schedules to support on-time production launch
- Focus on lean systems and methods for manufacturing – value added operations, minimize waste, short production systems, small lot material strategies, focus on the operator and safety
- Improve process quality through regular monitoring of production SPC data
- Lead launch activities for area of responsibility from program kick-off through ramp acceleration
- Provide engineering support to module assembly operations as well as production teams to resolve manufacturing process issues
- Support equipment launch and installation, serving as a subject matter expert for RFQ and bidding process
- Support Maintenance and Equipment Engineers with automation operation, programming, and troubleshooting
- Demonstrate an ability to manage complex projects with tight timing constraints, providing examples of such scenarios throughout one’s career
- Effective problem solver with knowledge and experience utilizing structured problem-solving methodology and experience introducing new products
- Exceptional organizational ability with good follow-up skills and attention to detail is a must
- Flexible to support travel for product development reviews (minimum 20%)
- Good understanding of factory automation such as PLC and automated processes.
- Must be self-motivated, with a desire to continuously improve, learn and provide creative solutions
- Understanding of MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) connections to, and interaction with the manufacturing equipment
- Working knowledge of automotive assembly process and constraints
- Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN-eligible from Mexico or Canada.
- This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
Nikola Motor Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
To apply for this job please visit careers-nikolamotor.icims.com.