Website Rheem Manufacturing
Process Engineer III Job Highlights
|Title||Process Engineer III|
|Function||Engineering and Science|
|Location||Montgomery, AL, United States|
Rheem Manufacturing Company is a manufacturer that produces residential and commercial water heaters and boilers, as well as heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment. The company also produces and sells products under the Ruud brand name.
The company is searching for a Process Engineer who will do the following things-
Performs engineering and technical procedures providing economical manufacturing methods to accomplish optimum utilization of machines, tooling, equipment, facilities, quality, and timely production. Technical guidance is provided to others as required in the liaison role between production and all other functional areas of the company.
Provides technical support for process planning, control, and improvements. Involves the different phases of Rheem Manufacturing engineering projects from concept through ongoing production. The incumbent participates in such specific activities as design and evaluation of processes, tooling, product costing, and preparation of specifications for bids and proposals. The individual assists in monitoring and maintaining technological control over all processes while providing continual technical guidance to support improvements to these processes.
Impacts the company by developing and implementing advanced manufacturing processing and cost estimating, improving manufacturing techniques, and effecting cost reductions where engineering knowledge and background are necessary. This position is a technical resource to the other functions in the company.
The applicants should have the following qualifications-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a college/university with 5 to 9 years of experience OR
- Graduate Degree in Engineering with 3 to 7 years of experience OR
- Certified Manufacturing Engineer (CMfgE) with 20+ years of experience working in a Manufacturing OR
- Process Engineering Department for a manufacturing company and demonstrated ability to perform job duties.
- The candidates are required to possess a combination of both education and work experience.
- Working knowledge of Pro-E, Concepts of Lean Manufacturing, and Design for Manufacturing are a plus.
- Determine the most efficient workstation layout, machines, tools, and operations required to develop optimum line balance for sequential operations. Devises and develops the use of substitute equipment, tools, and operations to overcome production schedules or technical problems.
- Participate in matrix organization project teams in leadership or contributory roles. He/she is responsible with the team for schedules, project effectiveness, timely management reporting, and cost control.
- Participate in productivity and quality improvements by investigation, analyzing, and estimating cost reduction in proposed major changes involving department layouts, methods and operation sequence, machine utilization, tools, jigs, fixtures, and the introduction of automation.
- Perform “Make vs. Buy” analyses using activity-based costing techniques for decision purposes.
- Perform liaison role between other functions of the company as it affects manufacturing. The incumbent facilitates the exchange of information and resolves issues in product design, product process capability, information systems, and facility issues.
- Plan and design complex production dies, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and cutting tools. Develop improvements of special hydraulic, pneumatic and electromechanical equipment. After the design, monitors and controls fabrication progress, establish estimates of time, material and labor costs on projects submitted. Examples of complex projects are those involving progressive dies, machine tool specifications, welding/fabricating cells, and acquisition of process developments new and unique to Rheem. Project management methods and reports are used to monitor the projects.
- Process planning, including inter/intra departmental material handling methods and storage.
- Recommend and develop process flow layouts.
- Review and analyze drawings and specifications to estimate the cost of purchased or manufactured components and assemblies.
- Review and analyze product drawings, technical data, product samples, and other available information on assigned projects for cost and manufacturability.
- Serve on Product Development Teams advising designs for manufacturing and assembly concepts for new and redesigns of product.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to interact and communicate effectively at the engineering technical level with people in and outside the company.
- AutoCAD or similar computer-aided drafting.
- Basic understanding of programmable logic controllers and industrial electrical control systems.
- Fluent in PC software applications such as spreadsheets, word processors, presentation, and project management is a must.
- Independent thought, good judgment, problem-solving skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple projects are a must.
- Knowledgeable in tooling, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Must have excellent communication skills to deal effectively with other functional areas of the company.
- Must possess effective verbal and written skills to communicate technical analysis of problems and reports.
- No travel restrictions.
- Possess and apply comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing/mechanical engineering principles to complete significant assignments. Ability to apply SPC techniques for evaluating and making improvements.
- Significant Project management experience, excellent organizational skills, and a proven record of successfully leading and directing projects and process improvements are a must.
Rheem Manufacturing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit rheem.taleo.net.