Website AGI (Ag Growth International)
Processing Equipment Operator Job Highlights
|Title||Processing Equipment Operator|
|Type||Full Time (evening shift)|
|Location||Oak Bluff, Manitoba, Canada|
|Company||AGI (Ag Growth International)|
AGI is a global leader in the planning, engineering, and manufacturing of full equipment solutions and systems across 5 platforms i.e. grain, fertilizer, food, feed, and seed. The company’s specific systems are farm and commercial applications that include storage, handling, structural, processing, and controls. All are brought together with engineering and project management.
The company is recruiting a Processing Equipment Operator who would use a variety of tools and machines to safely and accurately cut, trim, and punch sheet metal for the Processing Department and Fabrication Team.
The role requires concentration, precision, and a mechanical aptitude to produce high-quality parts and materials.
There will be a requirement for training on the day shift. You will be moved to the evening shift once all training and onboarding have been completed.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma
- Possess 1+ years in a manufacturing environment
- 1+ year of previous experience operating CNC machines, saws, and grinders
- Previous work experience in a heavy industrial or construction environment (preferred, not required)
- Ability to meet processing production schedule
- Complete preventative maintenance tasks daily
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement
- Cross train into different areas as needed
- Cuts, punches, and trims sheet metal processing equipment to dimensions specified by blueprints, work order, or layout
- Inspect completed cut parts to ensure the material meets the requirements
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere
- Perform all necessary quality checks during production and follow procedures when the parts are defective
- Perform daily operational checks and perform cleanup at the beginning and end of shifts
- Prioritize work assignments with the production workload as set out by the shift supervisor
- Read and understand basic drawings and specifications
- Regular operation of the saw and drill press
- Use basic measuring devices
- Use of hand tools including, but not limited to skill saws and grinders
- Use of overhead cranes to move materials and parts as needed
- Perform other tasks as assigned in support of fabrication operations
- Ability to follow health and safety procedures
- Blueprint reading experience and ability
- Excellent English reading, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Intermediate math skills (fraction/decimal calculations)
- Knowledge of steel shapes and types
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Strong problem-solving ability
- The company offers competitive salaries, benefits packages, and employee share purchase plans.
AGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.
To apply for this job please visit agi.hiringplatform.com.