Website Stanley Black & Decker
Product Engineer (Storage) Job Highlights
|Title||Product Engineer – Storage|
|Location||Holliston, MA, United States|
|Company||Stanley Black & Decker|
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is searching for a Product Engineer-Storage who will be responsible for design, development, and manufacturing support of metal tool storage products and component ideas and concepts that will meet our manufacturing, safety, quality, compliance, cost, and marketing objectives.
Must estimate development costs and monitor assigned projects through all phases of development.
Perform sampling, product testing, documentation including the writing of product performance specifications and test plans.
Prepare models, costs, technical data, product documentation, or initiate requests for model making and testing services.
Position involves close coordination with manufacturing, marketing, industrial design, and customer base.
- The applicants should have completed B.S. Mechanical Engineering degree from a college or university.
- The candidates should have 5+ years of experience in product development or related field
- Ability to work independently
- Create and publish drawings from CAD models for purchased and manufactured components.
- Create/develop models, drawings, prototypes, BOMS, cost info, etc., and complete product testing.
- Develop, document, and maintain project tasks and schedules and execute project tasks as required.
- Direct on-site teamwork with Manufacturing and Quality engineering to resolve concerns in a production environment
- Generate 3D Models in CAD (Creo)
- Improve existing products using analytical techniques to better meet customer requirements. Investigate cost reduction opportunities within the manufacturing facilities and optimize product designs to make improvements in manufacturing processes.
- Specify performance testing parameters, execute tests, and document compliance with applicable requirements.
- Support the Operations team with design changes/improvements that maximize new investments and result in quality and cost improvements.
- Support or Lead teams to investigate and determine the root cause and corrective actions for customer complaints and production issues
- Work in coordination with Product Management, Marketing, Operations, and Customer Base teams to transform customer input into robust designs.
- Experience in DFMEA, product improvements, SAP, ECN/ECR processes
- Familiarity with additive manufacturing processes including FDM, SLA, binder jetting, etc.
- Familiarity with reading, creating and modifying complex 2D drawings, including stack up analysis with GD&T aptitude preferred
- Fluency in 3-D CAD/CAE modeling with Creo and/or SolidWorks preferred.
- Foundation knowledge of sheet metal design/fabrications: forming, punching, bending, laser cutting, welding. Experience in design for automation is a plus.
- Knowledge of manufacturing documentation methods (bills of materials, routings and tool lists, etc.)
- Robust mechanical aptitude with a track record of hands-on problem-solving
- Strong hands-on prototyping skills including rapid prototyping, machining, and assembly.
- Understanding of materials, metallurgy, failure analysis, and predictive modeling
- The company offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement.
- And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.