Production Manager (Mechanical) Job Highlights
|Title||Production Manager – Mechanical|
|Location||Airdrie, AB, Canada|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
The company is searching for a Mechanical Production Manager who will be responsible for effectively managing all resources involved in the assembly of Low Voltage Control Assembly products (Motor Control Centers or Pump Controllers) with overall responsibility for managing the mechanical operations for the Low Voltage Control Assemblies (LVCA) organization.
In addition, this position is responsible for supporting financial, customer, quality, and employee objectives by maintaining manufacturing timelines, developing/implementing plans to enhance productivity, supporting cost improvement objectives, and nurturing employee development.
Drive the implementation within the department of key corporate initiatives including Eaton Lean System (ELSS), Eaton Business System (EBS), the Eaton Management System for Environment, Health, Safety, and Security (MESH).
The position will report to the Operations Manager.
- The applicants should have passed a Post-secondary Degree in a relevant field.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of related experience, including supervisory experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2+ years experience with fabrication equipment such as turret punches, press brakes, spot welding, powder coating, etc.
- 2+ years in a similar role or function
- Adhere to ISO 9000 quality procedures and work instructions and actively participate in the quality improvement process.
- Analyze department capacity restrictions and develop alternative plans to improve methods and layouts, as well as recommend new equipment expenditures to align capacity with plant objectives.
- Direct the development and implementation of cost, productivity, and strategic manufacturing programs consistent with plant objectives.
- Effectively manage the departmental budget, including the tracking of all capital equipment.
- Identify metrics for key business drivers and reinforce knowledge of them throughout the assembly operation.
- Implement process improvement, cost reduction, and quality improvement processes in conjunction with the Eaton Business System.
- Maintain departmental tooling and equipment, including the provision of new/replacement hand tools, etc.
- Manage department manpower and capacity planning. Partner with Human Resources on recruitment (assessment and selection) for entry-level openings and promotional opportunities within the department.
- Manage the Eaton Survey feedback process within the department.
- Provide leadership implementing the Eaton Lean System (ELSS) and the Eaton Quality System (EQS).
- Provide ongoing mentoring, coaching, and development of direct reports to instill a team-focused and quality culture within the department. Complete annual performance evaluation/mid-year progress reviews for all direct reports, identify opportunities for development, and support employees through ongoing coaching/counseling. Fully deploy Talent Hub/Talent Hub-Manufacturing within the department, meeting all Talent Hub requirements and due dates.
- Supervise the administration of Eaton and plant policies/guidelines to ensure consistent and uniform application.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective time management and project management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem-solving skills
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Working knowledge of LEAN manufacturing processes and Six Sigma Tools preferred
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Wellness programs
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Be legally authorized to work in Canada without the sponsorship of a company.
- No moving allowance is offered for this position.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.