Propulsion Manufacturing Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Propulsion Manufacturing Technician|
|Location||Redmond, WA, United States|
Amazon is a multinational technology company that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence.
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and under-served communities around the world.
About the hiring group-
You will work with sub-system owners and manufacturing engineers to stand up processes beginning from definition and early planning stages through to production use and continued improvements. You will assist with defining and refining work instructions associated with assemblies and sub-processes. You will contribute to finding solutions to challenging problems trading methodologies, schedule constraints, and precision in implementing reliable manufacturing processes.
The company is looking for a candidate who will work within the Kuiper propulsion team in assembling electric propulsion HW and carrying out process development tests.
The candidates should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent experience from a welding school.
- 2+ years of following work instructions
- 2+ years of assembly fixture fabrication and commissioning
- 2+ years of experience using HW inspection instrumentation
- 2+ years of process documentation in a production environment
- 3+ years of working with HW assembly
- 3+ years of working with aerospace HW assembly
- 1+ years of electrical cable assembly
- Experience with hardware assembly in a production environment
- Experience with electric circuit re-work and assembly
- Experience with test automation, data acquisition, or test control SW
- Assemble flight hardware
- Carry out sub-process development tests and generate resultant test reports
- Commissioning facilities and processing equipment, including welding tools, inspection stations, and high vacuum chambers
- Perform and/or coordinate propulsion manufacturing facility maintenance
- Re-work fixtures and development HW using in-house tools
- Test and develop assembly processes, providing feedback to manufacturing and sub-system engineers
Proficient with part machining for fixturing and re-work purposes.
Export Control Requirement
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.