Website BWX Technologies
QA Engineer (Gage Design) Job Highlights
|Title||Quality Assurance Engineer – Gage Design|
|Location||Barberton, OH, United States|
BWX Technologies is a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacture, construction, and service of nuclear power generation equipment. It is a worldwide supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services. The company proudly supplies highly engineered solutions to customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
The company is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer (Gage Design) to join its team.
- Applicants require a B.S. Degree in Engineering or Technical Field from a college or university
- Possess 3 to 5 years of quality assurance, engineering, or manufacturing experience
- Experience or knowledge of inspection techniques including dimensional inspection, NDE methods such as ultrasound, mag particle inspection, liquid penetrant inspection, or radiography preferred but not required.
- Experience or knowledge of manufacturing processes including machining, welding, and assembly preferred but not required.
- Analysis of quality trending data to implement product improvement actions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of inspection plans.
- Create CAD models and drawings. Strong solid model CAD experience a plus
- Design and implement functional gages for BWXT hardware
- Develop and maintain Dimensional Inspection Technique sheets (DITS)
- The leadership of process improvement activities
- Maintenance of quality assurance records
- Management of CAPA (corrective action) resolution for component processes.
- Participate or Lead audits of internal departments and suppliers to assure compliance with customer and internal requirements.
- Participation in design teams for the development of product inspection plans
- Prepare capital packages for the purchase of new gages
- Procedure development and ownership. Maintenance of ISO 9000 quality system procedures and work instructions.
- Resolution of quality issues.
- Shop floor surveillance to comply with internal procedures and customer standards.
- Support of hourly inspection personnel and development of inspection technique documentation.
- Support of product manufacturing processes
- Support other Quality Engineers with gaging and inspection planning needs
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DOE security clearance.
- Solid math/statistical skills and knowledge in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing and print reading.
BWX Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training, and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bwxt.com.