Quality Welding Inspector Job Highlights
|Title||Quality Welding Inspector|
|Location||Plattsburgh, NY, United States|
Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. The company designs and manufactures a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signaling, and digital mobility solutions.
Alstom’s product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customized services, infrastructure, signaling, and digital mobility solutions.
The company is searching for a Quality Inspector who will ensure the compliance of products and parts delivered by the ALSTOM facilities.
He/she performs inspections, checks, tests, and sampling procedures according to the applicable instructions on products ready for delivery and on products during their manufacturing process.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- CWI – Certified Welding Inspector
- AWS/CWB Certification
- NDT experience
- The candidates should have 2 years of quality inspection experience within the manufacturing industry.
- Experience in Quality/audit is appreciated.
- Railway experience is a “plus”.
- Control the correct calibration of critical equipment and instrumentations used in the inspections.
- Maintain inspection records per component, assembly, and vehicle.
- Maintain Quality documentation for components, assemblies, and vehicles.
- Participate in customer joint inspections.
- Perform destructive and non-destructive examinations when required and qualified.
- Perform inspections according to Quality Control Plan and ensure product compliance (check after rework).
- Preparation of approval and shipping documents.
- Records inspection results in the industrial digital tools as required.
- Awareness of processes and products delivered in the project
- Experience in operational activities, in documentation management and collaboration, and team working
- Knowledge of Quality standards (ISO9001, IRIS, CMMI) and quality tools
- Must be able to read drawings/specifications and be familiar with a variety of test equipment
- Qualified on the special process of his/her scope of work
- Rigor and communication
Alstom is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
To apply for this job please visit jobsearch.alstom.com.